Around the NHL - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I had friends and colleagues who worked for the Islanders during that time (I wouldn't make their acquaintance until I started my internship in 1996). To a person, they all HATED that logo and made numerous pleas with anyone who would listen not to go with the fisherman look.

There was actually some pretty cool alternative designs out there that would've updated the LI logo, or even go with an island warrior as an option. But the firm in question was a "friend" of someone and politics came into play and the fishstick logo was born.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’ll take Kravtsov + Miller over any other top 2combination by any team in 2018 draft. For that matter I’ll take these two plus Lundkvist and Keane over any other 4.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Even Jagr started to slow down at age 34-35. Will Ovechkin just keep putting up 50 goal seasons forever?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Even Jagr started to slow down at age 34-35. Will Ovechkin just keep putting up 50 goal seasons forever?

It's crazy to say this, but I think the guy has been underrated & under-appreciated for most of his career.

If he's not the best pure goal scorer I've ever seen play in close to 40 years of watching hockey, he's definitely top 3. Only ones who compare are Brett Hull & Mike Bossy. (I missed out on watching Bobby Hull or prime Espo)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know if any of you watched "The Staircase", but Michael Peterson's lawyer, David Rudolf is a spitting image of Torts. Correct?

David-S-Rudolf.png

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It's crazy to say this, but I think the guy has been underrated & under-appreciated for most of his career.

If he's not the best pure goal scorer I've ever seen play in close to 40 years of watching hockey, he's definitely top 3. Only ones who compare are Brett Hull & Mike Bossy. (I missed out on watching Bobby Hull or prime Espo)
....so you've seen Gretzky then clearly....the greatest goal scorer in the history of the game?

Are you talking pure shooting ability? BecasBe then I'd agree...but in terms of goal scoring I'll take the guy whose had 90 goal seasons...

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Legtimate #1 center, High end #2, a goal scoring phenom and an all world offensive D.

Yes it takes more, but they've got the hardest parts covered.

Florida Panthers have a legit 1C Barkov, and high end 2C Trochek, a no1 overall pick supposed franchise D Ekblad ,a # 1 OFD who is actually proven in Yandle, a true#1 winger in Huberdeau and legit top 6 wingers like Hoffman and Dadonov, and they f***ing suck

Reactions: GodlyRangers

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Florida Panthers have a legit 1C Barkov, and high end 2C Trochek, a no1 overall pick supposed franchise D Ekblad ,a # 1 OFD who is actually proven in Yandle, a true#1 winger in Huberdeau and legit top 6 wingers like Hoffman and Dadonov, and they ****ing suck

No roster can overcome a bad coach. We learned this the hard way.

Plus their goaltending sucks.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Florida Panthers have a legit 1C Barkov, and high end 2C Trochek, a no1 overall pick supposed franchise D Ekblad ,a # 1 OFD who is actually proven in Yandle, a true#1 winger in Huberdeau and legit top 6 wingers like Hoffman and Dadonov, and they ****ing suck

Yeah, weird team. I got the feeling listening to the Florida feed after yesterday's game that the Panthers weren't disappointed enough after the loss. A lot of "well at least we got a point." Maybe they need some better leadership, players who have won it before. I don't think that roster has any Cup-winners on it.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Florida has depth issues and Luongo is not nearly as good as he use to be. Not sure the Miami area is all that conducive to hockey either. There's also a long history of losing---sometimes when that gets into the DNA of a team it's almost impossible to get out and it permeates throughout the organization. Put it another way--losing becomes a tradition.

Reactions: TheTakedown

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
And that could be a core for a potential cup winner if the other pieces around Barkov Hubby Yandle Ekblad and Trochek were better.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Vancouver is multiple Cups in the making.

Pettersson/Horvat/Boeser/Hughes will be the best core in the NHL.

not gonna happen with jim benning

love how you're critical of the rangers while I'm the opposite and here we are. 90% of my posts is shitting about Benning the other 10% is chytil

imagine Pettersson/Horvat/Boeser/Hughes/Ehlers/Tkachuk. Tanking in this golden era of young players is great as long as you have a COMPETENT GM that can build around them like Dubas/Shanny

Reactions: Go Away Staal

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
not gonna happen with jim benning

love how you're critical of the rangers while I'm the opposite and here we are. 90% of my posts is ****ting about Benning the other 10% is chytil

imagine Pettersson/Horvat/Boeser/Hughes/Ehlers/Tkachuk. Tanking in this golden era of young players is great as long as you have a COMPETENT GM that can build around them like Dubas/Shanny

You have Elias Pettersson. You don't get to "imagine" things.

Reactions: JFG and Rangers743

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
You have Elias Pettersson. You don't get to "imagine" things.

and you guys would have had Pettersson if we took Vilardi like some of us wanted

I was 50-50 Vilardi/Pettersson

A lot of HFCanucks would've picked an equally great core

Ehlers/Pastrnak/Point
Konecny
Tkachuk
Pettersson or Vilardi
Hughes or Dobson

The Pettersson and Hughes over Vilardi and Dobson picks are amazing moves. The Juolevi/Virtanen/McCann/whatever over Ehlers/Pastrnak/Point/Tkachuk are not

^ and this is all accomplished by a regime that was trying to make the playoffs until last year, so they are trading picks rather than acquiring picks. Unintentional tanking and heading into the draft with less than 7 picks. Also full salary cap, so not even able to take cap dumps for picks/prospects

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
and you guys would have had Pettersson if we took Vilardi like some of us wanted

I was 50-50 Vilardi/Pettersson

A lot of HFCanucks would've picked an equally great core

Ehlers/Pastrnak/Point
Konecny
Tkachuk
Pettersson or Vilardi
Hughes or Dobson

The Pettersson and Hughes over Vilardi and Dobson picks are amazing moves. The Juolevi/Virtanen/McCann/whatever over Ehlers/Pastrnak/Point/Tkachuk are not

Not every pick is a winner. You've still managed the best pipeline of 1C/2C/1W/1D in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad