Around the NHL - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Henrik Lundqvist is basically committing hockey suicide with his performance

It’s so sad man. This is the most torn I’ve ever been watching any sport. Me during any given ranger game this season:

“Amazing save! Keep climbing the all time ranks Hank!!”

Also me during the same game:

“WHY THE F*** ARE YOU PLAYING SO GOOD HANK LOSE SOME F***ING GAMES HERE BUD TOP FIVE PICK IS NECESSARY!!!!!”

This is such a bizarre time to be a fan of this team and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Not even bringing back good ol’ sanity.

Reactions: Sooth

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Chicago knows how to tank. What have they lost like 8 in a row or something? We can kiss a top 5 pick goodbye, there are way too many garbage teams in the league and they don't have a Henrik Lundqvist.
  • Yep. As bad as we can look there are some teams like you said just know how to tank and have a worse roster than ours. Just hoping for a top 7 pick but that's also if no team jumps us and knocks us down (like Carolina did last year).

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
  • Yep. As bad as we can look there are some teams like you said just know how to tank and have a worse roster than ours. Just hoping for a top 7 pick but that's also if no team jumps us and knocks us down (like Carolina did last year).

We've played the 2nd easiest schedule in the league.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That is true. The devils for example have played the Lightning like 4 times already

They're at #1 in the league in SOS.

If we flipped schedules, we'd probably be sitting pretty in a bottom 3 spot while they're right on the periphery of the playoffs if not in them.

From here on out, Rangers face the 2nd toughest schedule in the league.... Behind Chicago :laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We've played the 2nd easiest schedule in the league.
I'm just being realistic and not getting my hopes up high like last year. If this team stays relatively healthy and doesn't make trades until TDL I just don't see us being a bottom 5 lock. A top 7ish pick will still help a lot and hopefully the younger guys on team continue to develop.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Can anyone what would happen if Hank were traded to Winnipeg? What would that team be like?
Hellebuyck was a Vezina finalist last season. He's a good goalie. Don't know why Winnipeg would do this.

Matter of fact, I don't see why any of the Cup favorites would want Lundqvist, unless Tampa finds out Vasilevskiy is out the whole season.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Hellebuyck was a Vezina finalist last season. He's a good goalie. Don't know why Winnipeg would do this.

Matter of fact, I don't see why any of the Cup favorites would want Lundqvist, unless Tampa finds out Vasilevskiy is out the whole season.

it wasn't proposing they would trade for him...i think the point was imagine if hank actually had a great team in front of him

Reactions: I Eat Crow

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Lundqvist wouldn't be a bad option if your starting goalie a.) shits the bed in the playoffs b.) gets hurt. Henrik wouldn't hurt ANY team's chances to go further in the playoffs be it on the bench or in the net.

Hank isn't going anywhere, though, ever, so this conversation is always fantasy.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm just being realistic and not getting my hopes up high like last year. If this team stays relatively healthy and doesn't make trades until TDL I just don't see us being a bottom 5 lock. A top 7ish pick will still help a lot and hopefully the younger guys on team continue to develop.

They're essentially 2 games under .500 with the 2nd easiest schedule on the planet. It's bout to come to a head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille