Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Fun to watch all these teams commit big dollars, assets, and go for it all

Because inevitably, 30 teams will go home empty handed

Love what the bruins are doing with the farm system. It’s the only way to have
A shot consistently without blowing up your team every 3 years

If Tampa gets Karlsson, they’ll have to mortgage part of their future, despite what some Tampa fans try to twist the actual value will be, so they better win the cup if they do! Something tells me they’re already expected to win by some

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Hopefully Colorado doesn't do what we did with a gifted top pick.
I've seen somewhere that they're one of the teams with interest in Karlsson. If they really want him I think it would be pretty smart to use Ottawa's own pick to try and land EK. With that said, if I'm the Avs I'd seriously have to wonder if I value the pick more than landing Karlsson. He's got a lot of miles on him and I don't think he's the piece that makes them a contender.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

If Tampa gets Karlsson, they’ll have to mortgage part of their future, despite what some Tampa fans try to twist the actual value will be, so they better win the cup if they do! Something tells me they’re already expected to win but some

Plus they need to re up Kucherov. I doubt he takes a sweet discount again this time.

Reactions: Alicat

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I've seen somewhere that they're one of the teams with interest in Karlsson. If they really want him I think it would be pretty smart to use Ottawa's own pick to try and land EK. With that said, if I'm the Avs I'd seriously have to wonder if I value the pick more than landing Karlsson. He's got a lot of miles on him and I don't think he's the piece that makes them a contender.

If you look at the Ottawa roster, there is no way that they aren't in the bottom 3 next season.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

If Tampa gets Karlsson, they’ll have to mortgage part of their future, despite what some Tampa fans try to twist the actual value will be, so they better win the cup if they do! Something tells me they’re already expected to win but some

Then a couple of key injuries at the wrong time and it all goes to the dogs.

Reactions: Alicat

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Why would any team help facilitate a trade like this that makes another team demonstrably better? Unless they get something back that makes them also demonstrably better. That means one team (Ottawa) gets demonstrably worse. Are things so badly run in Ottawa that they'll trade their best player just to say they got something and didn't let him walk for nothing? If I'm Ottawa, I wait til the trade deadline, when the haul for EK is likely to be higher.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Why would any team help facilitate a trade like this that makes another team demonstrably better? Unless they get something back that makes them also demonstrably better. That means one team (Ottawa) gets demonstrably worse. Are things so badly run in Ottawa that they'll trade their best player just to say they got something and didn't let him walk for nothing? If I'm Ottawa, I wait til the trade deadline, when the haul for EK is likely to be higher.

Sounds to like EK is not going to be on Ottawa’s opening night roster and it’s not their choice

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

Could be NYR. They get Tampas first rounder if they win the cup I think.

Or Colorado. They want Ottawa to be as bad as possible.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So I imagine TB finds a team to eat some salary this year. That means TB is going all in this year. Then they will be moving out salary next offseason to re-sign EK.

Give me AD @ 650 over Nordstrom @ 1X2 years

Apples and oranges.

Unless the Bruins thought Duclair was a better option than their young Top 6 candidates (Bjork, Heinen, Donato, etc) there was literally zero point in offering him a contract.

He’s not a good defensive player, doesn’t work on the PK, and would not be effective playing in a Bottom 6 role. He would be yet another left shot LW, only worse because he doesn’t play the right side.

I’m good with the B’s passing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just drives home you can have the best doctors available and things get missed

Shea Weber's knee surgery raises questions about Canadiens

The Canadiens followed up on their new promise of transparency by making Dr. David Mulder — the club’s head physician who has been with the team since 1963 — available to speak with the media Thursday afternoon in Brossard about Weber’s injury.

When asked what he would say to people questioning the medical staff’s handling of the veteran defenceman, Mulder responded: “First of all, it’s a very unusual (foot) injury. No one has had a great deal of experience with it. I think if I was criticizing myself, I think we were a little bit slow to recognize the seriousness of the tendon injury. And then once we recognized it, we sought a second opinion in Canada and the second opinion didn’t have any experience operating. They referred us to Green Bay, to Dr. (Robert) Anderson. He’s done more (foot surgeries) than anybody in North America.”
Mulder was also asked why Weber’s meniscus damage to his knee hadn’t been spotted on earlier MRIs.

“We had three different radiologists read the MRI and I looked at it myself and I didn’t detect it,” he said. “It’s just that we’re all human beings and radiology isn’t a perfect science. I wish it was, but it’s not.”

The Canadiens decided to wait two weeks after Weber’s knee surgery — after the NHL Draft and the July 1 free-agent period had started — before making the news public. Mulder was asked if that was a hockey-operations decision so Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin wouldn’t show his hand to other teams.

“I think that’s certainly one aspect,” Mulder said. “But you can imagine that this was a shock to Shea, it was a shock to me, it was a shock to the whole organization and we needed a little time for everybody to recognize it and grasp the seriousness and the timeline.”

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Damm if Tampa can get rid of Callahan while adding Karlsson.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Tampa is obviously going to be giving up a ton in this scenario, wonder how it all goes down... cant wait to see, wish we were in on it obviously but oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad