NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
As relates to managing the cap
I know Dan. I was busting your nuts about all the board games references. I agree with you though that Sweeney seems to be managing the cap pretty well. I wouldn't mind if he brought in a couple of stars and had to manage it from that perspective either though.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Yzerman has a bit of an advantage bidding against other teams with FLA not having income tax (DAL, LV also).

Wonder when the NHL will close this loophole?

I disagree that it's a loophole - it's a perk of the location. California has great weather, the northeast has less travel, Florida has no income tax.

There are many financial factors to different locations, state income tax is just one of the big ones:

* Property values
* Property taxes
* Canadian vs American dollar (right now, players for Canadian teams are making 30% more due to the exchange rate since salaries are in US dollars)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I know Dan. I was busting your nuts about all the board games references. I agree with you though that Sweeney seems to be managing the cap pretty well. I wouldn't mind if he brought in a couple of stars and had to manage it from that perspective either though.
He’s a Harvard economics major but yah knows he signed Backes & Beleskey to 5 year deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->