Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
2018 Key Offseason Dates

June 15 or 48 hours after the end of the Stanley Cup Final (the later of the two)
The NHL buyout window opens up. Teams can buy out players for two-thirds of their remaining pay spread out over two times the length of the contract (one-third of remaining pay for players aged 25 or younger). Unless the player has a no-move clause, they must first pass through unconditional waivers.
While one window opens, another closes. This time also represents the first deadline for club-elected salary arbitration. It’s rare that teams will file at this point; more will come in the second window in July.
June 22-23
NHL Entry Draft
June 24
Opening of the interview window for pending unrestricted free agents. Teams can meet with players but are technically not allowed to officially agree to terms on a contract until free agency begins. (That hasn’t stopped teams from agreeing in principle on deals though as we’ve seen in recent years.)
June 25, 4 PM CST
Deadline for teams to tender qualifying offers to their restricted free agents. Those who do not receive one will qualify for unrestricted free agency when it begins in July.
June 26
Opening of the interview window for pending restricted free agents to discuss potential offer sheets. Again, nothing can officially be agreed upon until free agency officially starts.
June 30, 4 PM CST
End of the regular buyout window. Teams may still be able to utilize a buyout later in the offseason depending on arbitration filings.
July 1, 11 AM CST
Free agency officially begins.
July 5, 4 PM CST
Deadline for eligible players to file for salary arbitration.
July 5, 4:01 PM CST – July 6, 4 PM CST
The window for teams to take a player to salary arbitration.
July 15, 4 PM CST
Expiration of qualifying offers.
July 20 – August 4
Salary arbitration hearings are held.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks for these. Hopefully the summer flies by!

I'm guessing things may be calm for the Bruins. No one on the roster is likely to be bought out, and no first round draft pick (at least yet). Which is kind of a shame - my sister has a place in Dallas, and it would be fun to check one of these out.

I'm guessing once many NHL execs experience a Texas summer, this will never happen here again. ;)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks for these. Hopefully the summer flies by!

I'm guessing things may be calm for the Bruins. No one on the roster is likely to be bought out, and no first round draft pick (at least yet). Which is kind of a shame - my sister has a place in Dallas, and it would be fun to check one of these out.

I'm guessing once many NHL execs experience a Texas summer, this will never happen here again. ;)

Not on the roster, but Matt Beleskey via the NYR will likely happen and have an effect.

Current cap hit for two years is $1.9 million per season and becomes:

$483K
$980K
$580K
$580K

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Which is kind of a shame - my sister has a place in Dallas, and it would be fun to check one of these out.

I was looking at the AA Center website and it didn't look like they were selling tickets to the event- at least I couldn't find a link there where you could buy them. I wonder if it is a closed deal? I am about 90 minutes away and thought about going to check it out.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I was looking at the AA Center website and it didn't look like they were selling tickets to the event- at least I couldn't find a link there where you could buy them. I wonder if it is a closed deal? I am about 90 minutes away and thought about going to check it out.

I looked it up, and apparently it's not closed but it is sold out, which kinda surprises me. Too bad, as hockey-related events of this magnitude are rare in Texas. ;)

Tickets to the 2018 NHL Draft™ presented by adidas will first be offered on a priority basis to 2018-19 Dallas Stars Season Ticket Holders due to the extremely limited inventory. If tickets are still available, they will then be offered to 2017-18 Dallas Stars Plan Holders, then Dallas Stars Insiders, then the General Public. Tickets for Day 1 are sold out. Limited quantities of general admission Terrace Level tickets are available for Day 2. Fans are limited to eight general admission tickets for Day 2. General admission club seats for Day 2 are complimentary.

Stars announce 2018 NHL Draft ticket details

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Not on the roster, but Matt Beleskey via the NYR will likely happen and have an effect.

Current cap hit for two years is $1.9 million per season and becomes:

$483K
$980K
$580K
$580K

Thanks - I totally forgot about Beleskey, but I imagine I'm not the only one. ;)

That second year hit of close to a million dollars could be a hindrance, but from what I read at the main board, the cap is going up.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I looked it up, and apparently it's not closed but it is sold out, which kinda surprises me. Too bad, as hockey-related events of this magnitude are rare in Texas. ;)

Tickets to the 2018 NHL Draft™ presented by adidas will first be offered on a priority basis to 2018-19 Dallas Stars Season Ticket Holders due to the extremely limited inventory. If tickets are still available, they will then be offered to 2017-18 Dallas Stars Plan Holders, then Dallas Stars Insiders, then the General Public. Tickets for Day 1 are sold out. Limited quantities of general admission Terrace Level tickets are available for Day 2. Fans are limited to eight general admission tickets for Day 2. General admission club seats for Day 2 are complimentary.

Stars announce 2018 NHL Draft ticket details

Nice, thanks- it was some ago when I looked and they didn't have that up. Hmm, I might go for day 2, I guess that could be fun.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Thanks - I totally forgot about Beleskey, but I imagine I'm not the only one. ;)

That second year hit of close to a million dollars could be a hindrance, but from what I read at the main board, the cap is going up.

Then there's the Jimmy Hayes buyout on the books to add to Belesekey and Seidenberg.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
34781093_10215296174130332_3868577378238201856_n.jpg

Reactions: Strafer and geoo9

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
My guess is that the Draft will return to Boston in a couple of years once the Hub on Causeway thing is finished. It will be just about their turn again anyway. The 1999 draft was pretty weak but it was cool to have it here.

Reactions: Strafer

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
1st big one to drop

Coyotes reach agreement with Ekman-Larsson on 8-year extension - Sportsnet.ca

8 year extension. The deal is believed to carry an average annual value of $8.25 million.

Was hoping the Bruins would target OEL if he was made available. Extension seems reasonable. This news is a gift for Erik Karlsson and his next potential contract
Fair deal for both sides. He gets a nice term to stay with a team that very much needs him. Also, as long as he keeps playing well he won't be hard to trade with that deal if need be. The Yotes pretty much needed to lock him up if they want to keep trying to build toward being a playoff contender.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Fair deal for both sides. He gets a nice term to stay with a team that very much needs him. Also, as long as he keeps playing well he won't be hard to trade with that deal if need be. The Yotes pretty much needed to lock him up if they want to keep trying to build toward being a playoff contender.

Doughty and Karlsson now have easily entered conversation to earn 10 million per season

Kings likely can afford Doughty

I expect sens to trade Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad