NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Is Vesey cooked? I'm not sure Heinen is the better player yet. If Heinen signs for Vesey money I'm a happy camper...

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Is Vesey cooked? I'm not sure Heinen is the better player yet. If Heinen signs for Vesey money I'm a happy camper...
Heinen's first season in Boston was substantially and unarguably better than Vesey's second season with the Rangers.

I'm sure he's the better player. Joe nailed this one.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Gotta wonder if Vesey doesn’t do better here with a different cast and under Cassidy instead of the fraud Vigneault

im always reminded how me and you and 5 other hockey experts can argue who was better... bobby orr or wayne gretzky… cam neely or pavel bure... larry robinson or brad park... and even at the end of these hof careers with all their games and every minute of their play available for us to watch... you still get huge disagreements

the other day I asked if terry oreilly would have won cups if he was on the new York islanders... and if clark gilles would have won any on boston?

yes... debating these things is fun. I wont begrudge anyone their right as fans to throw out opinions and have a debate. but for any of us to ever think theres a 'right answer' that 'everyone would agree to' is just silly.

could Vesey have been better in boston? sure... why not... or maybe he gets hit by a car on his way to the rink. we simply will never know.

but has he done anything to make me cry about his jilting us at the dance floor? no... he hasn't

will he ever become worth another written word from my keyboard? mmmm… we shall see...

but the last thing our team needs right now is another softer smaller left shot winger that struggles to play a solid 2 way game and hasn't found a good scoring touch yet either

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Gotta wonder if Vesey doesn’t do better here with a different cast and under Cassidy instead of the fraud Vigneault
He probably would but I think his decision ended up being decided by whether he could handle the hometown pressure.

As much as I wanted him here, I think he made the right decision and now that Vigneault is gone, I think we will see a different Vesey.

For the record I think he would be able to handle the pressure especially with Grizz a mainstay in the line up and then Donato coming in. Familiarity goes a long way.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I never said Vesey was “cooked”, he’s a decent player. I just think that people overrated him. His biggest years came in his junior and senior seasons, when he was more mature. This wasn’t like Kyle Connor who put up huge numbers as a freshman at Michigan.

I highly doubt Heinen signs for what Vesey did, given some of the contracts given this summer. My guess is that the B’s will try to get him (and possibly DeBrusk) to sign two year bridge deals similar to what Mantha just signed in DET ($3.3m).

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I never said Vesey was “cooked”, he’s a decent player. I just think that people overrated him. His biggest years came in his junior and senior seasons, when he was more mature. This wasn’t like Kyle Connor who put up huge numbers as a freshman at Michigan.

I highly doubt Heinen signs for what Vesey did, given some of the contracts given this summer. My guess is that the B’s will try to get him (and possibly DeBrusk) to sign two year bridge deals similar to what Mantha just signed in DET ($3.3m).

I could see DeBrusk getting that. That seems steep for Heinen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I could see DeBrusk getting that. That seems steep for Heinen.

Huh?

Debrusk - 43 pts. in 70 games

Heinen - 47 pts. in 77 games

While I don't disagree that if you look past the point totals, Debrusk right now probably commands more than Heinen, that number if signed right here today won't be a massive difference.

Now fast forward to when they actually have to extend both players, Heinen next summer and Debrusk the year after, their might be a more than a marginal difference in their contracts.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

not sure, might produce more offensively but I`m not sure his defensive game would have Butch too confident in tapping him on the shoulder at important times. Heinen, IM terribly biased, fanboy opinion is the kind of player I could see Butch having the upmost trust in for all situations. I`m not sure where Heinen`s offensive game tops up at as I don`t see him being a massive point producer but I do think he can consistently be that 50-60 pt guy

Vesey got all the ink a few years ago, Heinen quietly went about his business and has quickly become a very solid 3 zone player, still has work to do but very excited about this kid...or young man

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
When you compare Heinen to Vesey it really puts it into perspective that that Vesey mania was solely because of his name and coming out of the east/Boston area

I think it’s pretty clear Heinen is the better player, and like Glory pointed out awhile back, their fresh and soph years were a great indicator. Heinen’s blow his out of the water, and where as Heinen took another step his last year in college, Vesey dropped off in his senior year.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad