GDT: WCQF | G3 | “Welcome to Holloway” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.26.24 | 8:30PM | Staples Center | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Not sure what to expect tonight but I don't have much confidence in our D and Skinner.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
We can call out anyone but imagine this team without Leon!
It’s getting to the point that if you complain about Dallas Eakins someone might bitch you out for doing so. Place is becoming a non discussion board, I guess.

Kumbaya…

Reactions: McDrai

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kings are out of horse shoes. Big win tonight incoming.

Bob just said expect Kane to be more physical. Also called out the Kings diving and wondered if the refs could call all those unprovoked punches to the head in scrums.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If your looking that deeply to as to why a goal was scored you lost the plot.

Save a god dam puck and it all goes away.

That’s why there is the goaltending position and not empty nets. Ridiculous and laughable

Break down goal 4
I’ve already stated that Skinner had a poor game and that he should of had the Doughty and Fiala goals. But that Kempe goal is a goal 9/10 no matter who’s in net, perfectly placed puck rifled from 15ft out.

Your opinion isn’t credible because you’re clearly biased as evidenced by the fact you shut the f*** up when he’s playing well instead of crediting his good play. So why don’t you go back to doing that.

Reactions: ujju2

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I’ve already stated that Skinner had a poor game and that he should of had the Doughty and Fiala goals. But that Kempe goal is a goal 9/10 no matter who’s in net, perfectly placed puck rifled from 15ft out.

Your opinion isn’t credible because you’re clearly biased as evidenced by the fact you shut the f*** up when he’s playing well instead of crediting his good play. So why don’t you go back to doing that.
Blame Dari and Macdavid got it. Smart

It’s a 4-2 win if Skinner could stop a puck with 3 points between the 2.

If only they could play net

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
It’s getting to the point that if you complain about Dallas Eakins someone might bitch you out for doing so. Place is becoming a non discussion board, I guess.

Kumbaya…
ZfEs.gif

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Blame Dari and Macdavid got it. Smart

It’s a 4-2 win if Skinner could stop a puck with 3 points between the 2.

If only they could play net
If you’re best players can’t be your best players all over the ice then it doesn’t matter who’s in net.

Mcdavid and Draisaitl scoring pts on the PP but giving up a ton 5v5 and finishing dash 1 or 2 isn’t going to win you hockey games.It won’t matter who’s in net when you’re gifting their best shooter wide open looks from the slot off a turnover 3 minutes into the game.

Oettinger .850
Hellebyuck .870
Georgiev .830
Sorokin .736

Are these all terrible goalies too?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If you’re best players can’t be your best players all over the ice then it doesn’t matter who’s in net.

Mcdavid and Draisaitl scoring pts on the PP but giving up a ton 5v5 and finishing dash 1 or 2 isn’t going to win you hockey games.It won’t matter who’s in net when you’re gifting their best shooter wide open looks from the slot off a turnover 3 minutes into the game.

Oettinger .850
Hellebyuck .870
Georgiev .830
Sorokin .736

Skinner is one of the worst playoff goalies consistently. This season and last. This news just in Skinner is playing for a pretty good team and doesn't have to face McDrai and company. The Oilers hardly give up anything, last game only 8 HDSC and Skinner sez hold my beer, I'm letting in 5 goals and getting lucky on a crossbar. Previous game he lets in 5 but one gets called back. Last game of season he gives up 5 or so as well. Lost count.

Reactions: McRpro and Pavel10

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

Oettinger .850
Hellebyuck .870
Georgiev .830
Sorokin .736

Have they been awful for two years? To answer your question I'd trade skinner 1 for 1 for any of them.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Skinner is one of the worst playoff goalies consistently. This season and last. This news just in Skinner is playing for a pretty good team and doesn't have to face McDrai and company. The Oilers hardly give up anything, last game only 8 HDSC and Skinner sez hold my beer, I'm letting in 5 goals and getting lucky on a crossbar. Previous game he lets in 5 but one gets called back. Last game of season he gives up 5 or so as well. Lost count.

Yeah basically for skinner to inflate his numbers Ekholm and co need to limit high danger to like 3 and a 21 shot night. Forward would only have to score 4 maybe if lucky.

Reactions: McDrai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Play smart, limit mistakes, be patient and we beat them almost every time.

When we cut the risks out of the game and play with structure the Kings can’t hang at all, they live off our mistakes in our half of the rink. Success and scoring both start with what you do in your own end.
Allowing only 8HDSC is about as good as it gets.

Our biggest mistake is in net.

Yeah basically for skinner to inflate his numbers Ekholm and co need to limit high danger to like 3 and a 21 shot night. Forward would only have to score 4 maybe if lucky.
Thats basically when 2 goal Skinner appears. I've seen games here where Skinner lets in two, legitimately the Opponent should only have one, but Skinner let a questionable goal in and "played great".

Oilers are one of the best defensive clubs in the league with what should be very low GAA. We're better defensively than Winnipeg is. But our goaltending...

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah I’ve noticed this. Critique a player after they had a bad game and you get jumped on
At the same time there's certain posters who are shitting on our best players every game, have unrealistic expectations of what actually happens at the NHL level, and seemingly have no idea what they're talking about but yet are somehow the loudest on the board many nights.

I swear half the time I read posts that legitimately think the best players in the world don't make mistakes ever, no team makes defensive mistakes except the Oilers, no goalie faces high danger chances on blown defensive plays, and the other team is basically a bunch of robots who couldn't possibly put up a fight or ever do anything well. In fact anytime the other team does something well its a mistake of someone on the Oilers.

Its pretty obvious many posters don't watch any games outside of the Oilers or are so emotionally invested that they can't even understand what they're actually seeing and can't actually look at something objectively outside of their emotional response.

I'm not sure what extreme is worse tbh.

Reactions: lopper

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Allowing only 8HDSC is about as good as it gets.

Our biggest mistake is in net.
It’s a flawed stat.

A HDCA is graded the same whether it’s Kempe shooting or Trevor Lewis but obviously there’s a vast difference in the quality of the chance based on who’s shooting it which the stat can’t account for. Same as it can’t account for the situation, a cross crease tap in isn’t the same as a player driving to the net and chipping one into the goalies breadbasket but in the eyes of HDCA if it happened from roughly the same place on the ice then it’s equal even though we know one has a far greater chance of finding the back of the net then the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad