NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
I see St. Louis with another acquisition - Maroon for 1 year 1.75 million. Not a bad price but pleased Bruins didn't feel the need to pick him up...:nod:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I see St. Louis with another acquisition - Maroon for 1 year 1.75 million. Not a bad price but pleased Bruins didn't feel the need to pick him up...:nod:
Not bad at all for St. Louis. 43 pts last season and 12% shot pct. Pretty decent offense for 1.75. St. Louis really making some good moves to bolster their offense this summer.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not the hugest maroon fan but have no idea why the Bruins wouldn't have been happy with that. Easily would have preferred him over Nordstrom at 750k more.
back surgery, herniated disc and a player who can barely skate would be my explanation why the B`s didn`t show too much interest in him

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Not the hugest maroon fan but have no idea why the Bruins wouldn't have been happy with that. Easily would have preferred him over Nordstrom at 750k more.

Hate to keep beating this drum, but an idea as to why they would sign Nordstrom over Maroon lies in the PK - Maroon has been on the PK 1 minute and 30 seconds in his last 138 games. With Schaller and Nash20 departing, it was likely the Bruins priority up front would be to fill in the PK minutes with their acquisitions. Doesn't mean people have to agree with this thinking, but whenever the Bruins do something 'head scratching' in terms of icetime, scratches, or acquisitions, I always check PK related things (or in some cases faceoff efficiency) and it usually at least provides an idea FWIW.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Hate to keep beating this drum, but an idea as to why they would sign Nordstrom over Maroon lies in the PK - Maroon has been on the PK 1 minute and 30 seconds in his last 138 games. With Schaller and Nash20 departing, it was likely the Bruins priority up front would be to fill in the PK minutes with their acquisitions. Doesn't mean people have to agree with this thinking, but whenever the Bruins do something 'head scratching' in terms of icetime, scratches, or acquisitions, I always check PK related things (or in some cases faceoff efficiency) and it usually at least provides an idea FWIW.

Makes a lot of sense, and I get it, and you are 100% correct, just shocked Maroon came in so low.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don’t like playing the “why didn’t the bruins sign him for that. Trade for him if that was the price. Etc. etc. etc.”

There’s two sides to it. Maroon had a chance to go play for his hometown team, and it seems he’s excited about it. If both the Bruins and blues offer that deal, he’s probably taking the blues 10x10.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Makes a lot of sense, and I get it, and you are 100% correct, just shocked Maroon came in so low.

Yeah me too. The guy I wanted was Perron (always liked him for some reason), but I was shocked that he came in so high. I think he helps St. Louis in the short term, but no thanks at that price/term.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Shouldn't have wasted the other teams time or money.

He's the one that didn't want to talk contract last summer. He's the one that didn't want to be dealt at the deadline. Hopefully the rest of the league has learned their lesson with these players.

Pretty neat listen.

I wonder how much is his words, and how much is actually his agent/pr team

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It doesn’t matter. It’s up to each fan to take it as he or she wants. Having said that, the Islanders has plenty of time to put a contender on the ice. The owner only has himself to blame.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

PR.
“Please don’t hate me.”

“The whole morning, I’d been out there, just wandering around, in this cloud of my own thoughts — almost like a nervous kid backstage before a school play, trying to keep track of his lines. Just pacing and thinking, pacing and thinking, for hours. Going over everything … again and again.”

I would wager very little. If he really wanted to try to make it up to Islanders fan he would have taken out a full page in the local paper and wrote it himself. Instead they get this PR garbage.

Really hard to buy the bullshit when back in January there were quotes about never thinking about player anywhere but the Islanders. Tavares was always going home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->