NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
RELEASE: Chelios named team ambassador

cut.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Should have happened a year ago so he could get a shot at Bruins job

After 39 seasons, Chuck Kaiton out as Carolina Hurricanes radio broadcaster

After 39 years, Chuck Kaiton was officially out Tuesday as the Carolina Hurricanes’ radio play-by-play announcer after the Hall of Fame broadcaster was unable to agree on a new contract with the team. The Hurricanes plan to use a simulcast of the FS Carolinas television broadcast on their radio network this season instead.

Kaiton’s agent submitted a counterproposal to the Hurricanes after Kaiton’s contract expired on June 30, but the team stood firm on its final offer to the broadcaster, which included what Kaiton’s agent, Lou Oppenheim, said was an 80 percent pay cut as the Hurricanes and new owner Tom Dundon attempt to reckon with their money-losing radio broadcast while giving Kaiton the opportunity to recoup some of the losses by selling sponsorships, an arrangement more typical on the minor-league level.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

After 39 years, Chuck Kaiton was officially out Tuesday as the Carolina Hurricanes’ radio play-by-play announcer after the Hall of Fame broadcaster was unable to agree on a new contract with the team. The Hurricanes plan to use a simulcast of the FS Carolinas television broadcast on their radio network this season instead.

Kaiton’s agent submitted a counterproposal to the Hurricanes after Kaiton’s contract expired on June 30, but the team stood firm on its final offer to the broadcaster, which included what Kaiton’s agent, Lou Oppenheim, said was an 80 percent pay cut as the Hurricanes and new owner Tom Dundon attempt to reckon with their money-losing radio broadcast while giving Kaiton the opportunity to recoup some of the losses by selling sponsorships, an arrangement more typical on the minor-league level.

How long does Sirott have....I'd replace him with this guy yesterday haha

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

1) you better hope this isn't a trend starting league-wide....

2) Seattle is still there

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
1) you better hope this isn't a trend starting league-wide....

2) Seattle is still there

1) Pretty sure Fenway is a camera guy and not radio play by play, so I’m not sure how CAR and their wacky biz model will affect him?

2) So SEA is going to hire Kaiton now and pay him to do nothing for the next couple of years? Sounds like a good plan to me.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Minor league is a term I expect to be used a lot with Carolina's new ownership.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
So why would radio play by play guys being fired impact Fenway exactly?

I think, and I emphasize, I think he's confused that article with the one that @Bruinaura posted about Bridgestone Arena.

Preds, Bridgestone Arena Upgrading LED Ribbons, Game Presentation

He might be referring to this?

That includes the upgrade to a full 1080p system, capable of super slo-mo replay to show fans additional looks at the action from angles never seen before. That will be possible, in part, thanks to 11 total point-of-view and robotic cameras, many of which will be available for the first time this fall. One view will even have a wireless transmitter that will be able to show footage such as GNASH repelling from the Arena rafters during the pregame show.

I could BE WRONG though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad