NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Toronto signed Clarkson who retired due to apparent injury ?

The Leafs are paying him or is the insurance company ?

But they trade him for the uninsured Horton so the Blue Jackets dont have to pay Horton real money and get the insurance paid Clarkson.

Amirite?

Columbus who’s not paying Clarkson but he’s using up Cap space then gets dealt to Vegas who needs the Cap space.

Amirite?

Toronto no longer has Clarkson for Cap clogging up but their insurer is paying Clarkson?

But they have Horton who they are paying because Columbus couldn’t and the Leafs have the real money.

Amirite ?

The Leafs can stick Horton on LTI so he doesn’t count against Cap?

What did the Leafs get out of aquiring Horton?

Clarkson wasn’t LTIR at the time of the trade. Columbus got a body since they weren’t up against the cap and Toronto got cap space

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
For a guy a defense-challenged Dallas team basically gave up on, yes.

But even though he plays a different position, I think teams took note of the effect Tom Wilson had on opposing teams this past playoff season. Hence contracts such as this and Ryan Reaves.

A big menacing player on the ice can still be a game-changer.

meh, $2 mill isnt much at all to spend on a risk/reward guy like Oleksiak.

6'7 defensemen dont grow on trees, especially those talented enough to be 1st round picks. No reason not to take a flyer and see if he figures it out, especially since he is only 25.

to be fair, he was good for them. 4-10-14, +13, 138 hits, 52 blocks in 47 games

Reactions: Strafer

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The story out now on the Habs and Pacioretty:

NHL - Sportsnet.ca

The dumpster fire keeps burning :laugh:
It's great! There is no reason other than pure incompetent management that has created and stoked that fire. That team could very easily be competitive and in a good position, but due to gosh awful decision making they are in a really bad spot, and there is not a whole lot of hope for them in the near future. It's truly mind boggling to me how so many bad moves could be pulled off in just a couple years. It's even more mind boggling how heads haven't rolled and the same dunces are allowed to continue making horrid decisions. It's the gift that keeps on giving for Bs fans.

Reactions: Dr Hook

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I thought he looked very good last year. I think he will develop into a pretty good shut down guy with a little offensive potential.
Sure in the fight with Chara.;)

He's making nearly a millon more than Grizz. I give Sweeney props again on cap management as he seems to be able too re-sign players at a fairly decent value.

Last edited:
Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I hope this went as good as #AskJamesNeal went :laugh:

:popcorn:

Huh. Questions have been edited, and he couldn't answer the hundreds that came in. Well, I wonder why?? :biglaugh:

Screenshot_20180714-114731_NHL-720x1480.jpg

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I haven't seen this posted here but I see that the Canadiens signed Joel Armia, former 1st round pick of the Sabres to a $1.85 million one year contract. Don't know if he's considered the PK man that Nordstrom is but he's a big center who may be able to step up to #2 center if Krejci goes down? Am I wrong to think that maybe he'd be a more effective center/right shot RW than signing Nordstrom?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenian24

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I haven't seen this posted here but I see that the Canadiens signed Joel Armia, former 1st round pick of the Sabres to a $1.85 million one year contract. Don't know if he's considered the PK man that Nordstrom is but he's a big center who may be able to step up to #2 center if Krejci goes down? Am I wrong to think that maybe he'd be a more effective center/right shot RW than signing Nordstrom?

He isn't a center. He would be worse than Kuraly as 2c. He was also an RFA and would have to be traded for.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He isn't a center. He would be worse than Kuraly as 2c. He was also an RFA and would have to be traded for.
I thought that I saw him listed as a center and the Habs signed him for one year. Did they trade for his rights? Anyway, I think that with the question marks that the B's have at RW he would've filled a need.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I thought that I saw him listed as a center and the Habs signed him for one year. Did they trade for his rights? Anyway, I think that with the question marks that the B's have at RW he would've filled a need.

Yes, he was part of the Mason trade.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m having nightmares Reilly, Gardner, Hainsey, and Zaitsev took a class on how to play defense this off season and may slow the Bruins down

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad