NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The cherry on that Ottawa sundae is them potentially sucking so bad that they earn a top-3 lottery pick... ummm but they traded it to Colorado in the Duchene trade... Yikes

I really like Brady Tkachuk, but going into a rebuild, especially when your getting back picks in 2020 and onward, they should of just eaten it, given Colorado the pick and been done with it.

Instead the fact they don't own their 1st rounder will hang over this team all year, at least for the fanbase.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I really like Brady Tkachuk, but going into a rebuild, especially when your getting back picks in 2020 and onward, they should of just eaten it, given Colorado the pick and been done with it.

Instead the fact they don't own their 1st rounder will hang over this team all year, at least for the fanbase.
If Colorado lands #1 and gets Hughes would be a meltdown of epic proportions on the Ottawa board. Bigger than today maybe.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

the crazy thing is that Karlsson was the only chip they had to try and get that pick back from the Avs. They have nothing in their system that could possibly net them a top 10 pick any time soon. Maybe Stone, maybe.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
the crazy thing is that Karlsson was the only chip they had to try and get that pick back from the Avs. They have nothing in their system that could possibly net them a top 10 pick any time soon. Maybe Stone, maybe.

Here's the thing for me, I don't think they can trade Stone unless it's 100 percent certain they can't extend him.

Duchene is as good as gone, a guy who wanted out of Colorado because of constant losing re-signing with a team in a massive rebuild. Can't see it.

But you still need players. You still need something to market, to sell tickets. Gonna be hard enough now, was hard enough to begin with.

Then factor in the cap floor. They have just 15 million on the books for 2020-21, with not much in expensive extension upcoming.

Say they move Duchene too, no need to extend Karlsson obviously, they can afford to offer Stone pretty much whatever he wants money and term-wise.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Great trade for the Sharks I'd rather have Karlsson than JT.

Any chance the Sens franchise moves to Seattle and there is no expansion lol?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Here's the thing for me, I don't think they can trade Stone unless it's 100 percent certain they can't extend him.

Duchene is as good as gone, a guy who wanted out of Colorado because of constant losing re-signing with a team in a massive rebuild. Can't see it.

But you still need players. You still need something to market, to sell tickets. Gonna be hard enough now, was hard enough to begin with.

Then factor in the cap floor. They have just 15 million on the books for 2020-21, with not much in expensive extension upcoming.

Say they move Duchene too, no need to extend Karlsson obviously, they can afford to offer Stone pretty much whatever he wants money and term-wise.
worst case scenario for them right now is if Stone decides he doesn't want to be their either.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
worst case scenario for them right now is if Stone decides he doesn't want to be their either.

Totally agree.

Another guy no one is talking about is Dzingel. Lead their team among wingers in goals last year with 23 (Granted Stone had 20 in just 58 games). Also a UFA this summer. Had one more goal than Hoffman in 3 less games.

Is basically their top LW going into the season.

So even with their franchise player dealt in Karlsson, they are still sitting on their top LW, C, and RW all UFAs this summer.

What a mess. Breaks my heart.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Flippin incredible! Ottawa is an outright shit show. Simply one of the worst trades in my lifetime. I honestly feel bad for Sens fans. Really sucks for season ticket holders even more. I cannot begin to imagine what it's like to for them -- spending all that money, having to take the trouble to get to Ottawa's arena, and the thanks you get is watching a poorly assembled roster and a team that is many years away from sniffing the playoffs.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
They should be able to land a 1st for Duchene. Better to move him now as opposed to moving him at trade deadline where only playoff teams are buying and thus hampering your chances of that 1st being a high pick.

With Tampa dominating hockey in Florida you’d think the Panthers would have some interest in making a splash of their own? Duchene for a 1st would give the Sens a potential mid round 1st, give the Panthers some buzz and a solid center group.

Reactions: TCB

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I'll say this, we lucked into being in the worst division in hockey. Tavares coming has been negated a bit now. There's a lot of bottom feeders in the Atlantic.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Hard to think of circumstances where trading Erik Karlsson in his prime makes sense. Chances are that the Sens aren't going to have a player like him for the next decade or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->