OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am very very very pumped for these outdoor games. We lucked out because Vegas was getting an outdoor game and I'm happy it's going to be in this setting.

I also am really bored watching games this season. EVERY game is the same 2 teams. :laugh:

Reactions: Lustaf and BHD

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The line that I love about Hornqvist.. "He will slow down!"

Yeah... we all f***ing do. :laugh: But that dude's heart will never stop. And I'd rather have a guy like him on the team until he retires. Even in a loss, I knew Patric would go out there and give every ounce of himself til the final whistle. Down 5 goals? Hornqvist will play the final 3 minutes like it's a Cup Final OT.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Hornqvist seemed like the exact right firey personality for a team trying to get over the hump like Florida. He will be productive as long as his body holds up.
I’d hate to be in his body at 45. I’m starting to get aches now at 45 but my body takes no where near the abuse his does.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Yeah... we all f***ing do. :laugh: But that dude's heart will never stop. And I'd rather have a guy like him on the team until he retires. Even in a loss, I knew Patric would go out there and give every ounce of himself til the final whistle. Down 5 goals? Hornqvist will play the final 3 minutes like it's a Cup Final OT.

I asked in their GDT if we can have Horny back, we will see. Maybe he will come back.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I’m glad he worked out here and I’m glad for what he did for us, but he had slowed down in his role here.

We don’t have a Huberdeau on this team. I wish we did, but Crosby and Malkin aren’t in their prime. We can’t surround them with players in their mid 30s like Hornqvist.

Matheson was something we need and he’s showing flashes of what he can bring. I think it’s fair to say it is a win / win at this point for both teams as most of us said it could potentially be.

Reactions: mpp9

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’m glad he worked out here and I’m glad for what he did for us, but he had slowed down in his role here.

We don’t have a Huberdeau on this team. I wish we did, but Crosby and Malkin aren’t in their prime. We can’t surround them with players in their mid 30s like Hornqvist.

Matheson was something we need and he’s showing flashes of what he can bring. I think it’s fair to say it is a win / win at this point for both teams as most of us said it could potentially be.

I get it. I understand it. I'm just saying as a fan of hockey and wanting to invest my time... i'd rather watch Hornqvist. And with POJ, I would argue we didn't really need Matheson. Time is a valuable thing in life. Watching some of these games makes me really question what I'm doing wasting a few hours on piss poor effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad