OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It's just more of losing the depth and help he'll need in front of him, just to keep an overrated goalie. I think they could have picked up a goalie wth more promise and been able to keep most of those players as well.

You never got the sense that they were going to move on from him. So yeah, I believe they knowingly overpaid him.

He’s the last guy they need, so, nice.

It doesn't matter who they add as long as AV is their coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kaprizov is life.
If/when we get back to a full season, that lad is going to be a top 10 player for where he finishes in points, maybe even higher, easily.

That skill is just f***ing unreal.

If I am RNH, next year I take off to the Wild and go be a #1 C there with Kaprizov. Watching Kaprizov play is just, wow. I get people wank off to McBoring and Draisidekick, but all they do is just produce points, the way Kaprizov dominates is just incredible to watch. He's far more enjoyable for me to watch with what he does in he offensive zone.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
McDavid hits 50 points after another game vs Ottawa. NHL Network talking it up as the fastest player to reach 50 (29 games) since Sid did it in 28 games in 06-07.

This is why these stats counting are a farce. 7 games vs that godawful team already. Edmonton is really mediocre against everyone except Ottawa.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

What in the living f*** is this clearance attempt?! :laugh::laugh::laugh: To McDavid of all people!

Tierney needs to go to the coach tomorrow and request to be scratched for the next one.

I feel bad for DJ Smith. First goal was 10 seconds in from a brutal angle from the boards.

Then you get shit like this. Literally beyond saving, that team. Doesn't matter if prime Scotty Bowman took over.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
McDavid hits 50 points after another game vs Ottawa. NHL Network talking it up as the fastest player to reach 50 (29 games) since Sid did it in 28 games in 06-07.

This is why these stats counting are a farce. 7 games vs that godawful team already. Edmonton is really mediocre against everyone except Ottawa.
He’s playing great against other teams too. i.e. he has scored 9 points against Winnipeg in 4 games.

While he’s scored approximately 16 points against Ottawa this year, which is 24% of the total points he’s scored this season, Edmonton has played Ottawa 7 times, which represents 24% of their games played so far this season.

I really hate the but but but he’s having a great year only because he plays Ottawa 100 times this season argument. Every other team gets to play against crap teams. Hell, the Sabres are worse than the Sens this year, our star players better put up enormous numbers against a worse team than Ottawa.

Last edited:

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Simon was taken 2 picks before Kaprizov in the 5th round.

I still can’t believe Simon was one of the better forwards JR drafted during his tenure here.

I can.

The Scotia division is a joke. I'm actually glad we're in probably the toughest. We can at least see what we have and how we compare.

Reactions: Turin

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
He’s playing great against other teams too. i.e. he has scored 9 points against Winnipeg in 4 games.

While he’s scored approximately 16 points against Ottawa this year, which is 24% of the total points he’s scored this season, Edmonton has played Ottawa 7 times, which represents 24% of their games played so far this season.

I really hate the but but but he’s having a great year only because he plays Ottawa 100 times this season argument. Every other team gets to play against crap teams. Hell, the Sabres are worse than the Sens this year, our star players better put up enormous numbers against a worse team than Ottawa.
Ottawa is .317 points% and -42 goal differential, Buffalo is .320 and -27 goal differential. I'd calm down with stating Buffalo is declaratively worse than Ottawa.

The argument isn't that it's the only reason he is having a good year, that's a strawman. The argument is that the division is a gong show and statstics are heavily inflated because of that. If you think he'd be putting up 2.125ppg in a normal season where you are playing all teams, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.

He has 16 of his 51 points vs Ottawa in 7 games, which is over 31% of his total points.
7 games vs Toronto, 7 points. 13.7%
3 games vs Montreal, 2 points. 3.9%
4 games vs Calgary, 10 points. 19.6%
4 games vs Vancouver, 7 points. 13.7%
4 games vs Winnipeg, 9 points. 17.6%

Reactions: Turin

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
At this point we need Tina Turner to declare Thunderdome for Oilers and Leafs fans

What McDavid is doing is impressive, but not playing any decent teams outside of the Leafs and Jets is noticeable.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ottawa is .317 points% and -42 goal differential, Buffalo is .320 and -27 goal differential. I'd calm down with stating Buffalo is declaratively worse than Ottawa.

The argument isn't that it's the only reason he is having a good year, that's a strawman. The argument is that the division is a gong show and statstics are heavily inflated because of that. If you think he'd be putting up 2.125ppg in a normal season where you are playing all teams, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.

He has 16 of his 51 points vs Ottawa in 7 games, which is over 31% of his total points.
7 games vs Toronto, 7 points. 13.7%
3 games vs Montreal, 2 points. 3.9%
4 games vs Calgary, 10 points. 19.6%
4 games vs Vancouver, 7 points. 13.7%
4 games vs Winnipeg, 9 points. 17.6%
My math sucks. But he’s still producing against other solid teams.

Let’s see where he finishes now that he only has 2 more games against the Sens.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yup, Simon went in the 5th. Pretty strong year for late round picks but even so, one of the better ones left on the board when he went.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Not suspicious at all that the Bolts LTIR their super expensive player for a shortened season so they didn't have to trade anyone to be cap compliant, just for that super expensive player to suddenly come back in time for the playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille