OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Friedman said (on radio today?) that Eichel could be on the trade block. So yes, it's time for the Sabres to rebuild again...

What team would he even go to? I dunno who we would pick from the Sabres if they went full rebuild. Knowing Pens it will be Risto at 50% for 3 RD.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
What team would he even go to? I dunno who we would pick from the Sabres if they went full rebuild. Knowing Pens it will be Risto at 50% for 3 RD.

Realistically, Tage Thompson and Casey Mittelstadt. The rest are unobtainable (Eichel, Dahlin, and maybe Olofsson), on a gross contract (Skinner), or simply undesirable (Okposo, Eakin, Miller).

Reactions: 66-30-33

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Really happy Thornton is working out in Toronto. Honestly, I’m just happy to see the Leafs cruising in general. That core needs success the league will be better for it. Especially if Edmonton and Buffalo are just going to suck donkey dick for eternity.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Jesus Christ. Murray has already allowed 45 goals this season.

That bloke needs to see a sports psychologist. Maybe the lad that told him he'd never be Fleury knows who MAF was seeing in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Murray has put up at least a .929 in something like 5 of his last 6 starts.

Yeah, he had a really rough start, but seemed to be starting to get into a groove. It's hard to hold tonight against him since it was a back-to-back and he wasn't supposed to start.

I just think Ottawa, in general, was a bad situation for him, though. Clearly he's still gotta find his game more consistently, and having a horrible team in front of him who will give up 5+ goals on the nights their goalies aren't feeling it doesn't help in the least.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Yeah, he had a really rough start, but seemed to be starting to get into a groove. It's hard to hold tonight against him since it was a back-to-back and he wasn't supposed to start.

I just think Ottawa, in general, was a bad situation for him, though. Clearly he's still gotta find his game more consistently, and having a horrible team in front of him who will give up 5+ goals on the nights their goalies aren't feeling it doesn't help in the least.

Oh, I actually think it'll be good for him. Ottawa has a bright future and he can work on consistency and improve as the rest of the team does.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Oh, I actually think it'll be good for him. Ottawa has a bright future and he can work on consistency and improve as the rest of the team does.

The problem is his psyche. When he first came in to the league he seemed unflappable, but the last couple of seasons he seemed to lose that calmness mentally more so than anything physical holding him back.

A team like Ottawa is going to have multiple nights where they let superior teams score at will and provide zero support. I'm not sure Murray's rebounded enough mentally to not start to let that affect him. At least on a good team, he knows that after a blowout loss his team can come out strong and win the next game. But on Ottawa, there's just as much a chance they play lousy the next night and the next night after that.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
The problem is his psyche. When he first came in to the league he seemed unflappable, but the last couple of seasons he seemed to lose that calmness mentally more so than anything physical holding him back.

A team like Ottawa is going to have multiple nights where they let superior teams score at will and provide zero support. I'm not sure Murray's rebounded enough mentally to not start to let that affect him. At least on a good team, he knows that after a blowout loss his team can come out strong and win the next game. But on Ottawa, there's just as much a chance they play lousy the next night and the next night after that.

Eh, I don't know, he seemed pretty calm the last few games. And calm tonight after the game, when he spoke to the media and said he needed to be better.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Murray has put up at least a .929 in something like 5 of his last 6 starts.
We don't look at progression remember? We just look at overall stats with no context and shit all over goalies. Keep up will ya mate?

It really is a blip as he's been pretty solid for a stretch like you mentioned. But the Sens are gonna Sens.

Never forget...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Eh, I don't know, he seemed pretty calm the last few games. And calm tonight after the game, when he spoke to the media and said he needed to be better.
Yeah I felt for the bloke reading the "it's on me" comments.

I'm in the group that thinks the goalies all got a raw deal with no tune up games.

I did like his accountability...

"For sure, it's tough going in like that, but that's not an excuse," Murray said. "I think I could have done a better job and given us a chance to win."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At the very least he'll get a ton of games to do it. Hogdog is just their back up and no way in hell he's pushing for a starting gig.

I still think both sides did well in this split.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I’m pretty sure most people thought Murray would be better than has been in recent seasons, but not as good as 2016-17.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
@Gurglesons

I can get behind the Leafs making a run in the playoffs. Marner is having a sensational season and Matthews (who doesn’t get enough credit because of pushback against anything Leafs-related) is a premier goal scorer.

I think the staff and players are taking the same approach that the Lightning did last season. They’re using the regular season for fine tuning their game and conserving energy since they know they’re a lock to make the playoffs. It’ll be interesting to see how things turn out.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Just opened the online copy of the program for the outdoor games. I can't get through the foreword, written by Bettman, without hearing it in his pretentious voice.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad