OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Elliott Friedman just talked about the firing on Sportsnet. Good underlying numbers, but poor goaltending. I'm sure Julien could have done something about the latter.

Reactions: Gurglesons

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Elliott Friedman just talked about the firing on Sportsnet. Good underlying numbers, but poor goaltending. I'm sure Julien could have done something about the latter.

I wonder if Pens stars could buy in for a few years of Juliens system. Pens scored what? 2 goals in 4 games vs Bruins in a Bruins sweep with Julien.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I wonder if Pens stars could buy in for a few years of Juliens system. Pens scored what? 2 goals in 4 games vs Bruins in a Bruins sweep with Julien.

They played for MT - highlighted by an appearance in the SCF - until they said, "f*** it." That was over four seasons. However, it was apparent they were done with him at some point in the fall of '08. Plus, he didn't have all of the stars when he first took over ('05). So, that's two seasons (06-08) of Crosby and Malkin being miserable while playing his rigid system. Surely, they could handle a year or two of Julien, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurglesons

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They played for MT - highlighted by an appearance in the SCF - until they said, "f*** it." That was over four seasons. However, it was apparent they were done with him at some point in the fall of '08. Plus, he didn't have all of the stars when he first took over ('05). So, that's two seasons of Crosby and Malkin being miserable while playing his rigid system. Surely, they could handle a year or two of Julien, right?
At least a few years before we go "ok time to build back up" and blow kisses to everyone.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So the players basically forced him out.

Must be nice to have players that are aware of the situation and speak up.

Must be nice...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
And I have to go back on my earlier comment... He could have started Allen over Price more. Now, if that doesn’t make the season seem weird, I don’t know what does.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Look at Coach Q in Florida. The Panthers have Bobrovsky on his expensive contract, but Driedger is playing the games.

So, that’s the one thing you can pin on him. The rest of the roster, though... that’s on Bergevin. Julien got as much as you’d expect out of that roster. Maybe they have a couple more wins with better goaltending, but the system was in place.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Wow. Looks like the comeback happened in the last 10 minutes of regulation

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Man if Garland/Arizona figure out the PP........

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Still can't get over the type of player Garland has become.

They’ve definitely got a good core of young forwards to grow with each other: Garland, Keller, Dvorak & Schmaltz

Maybe some recent draftees too

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It’s too early assess Barrett Hayton. Those forwards, though, are good. The problem is that Chyka went all-in on acquiring players who are good, but non of which are franchise/cornerstone level.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
That was quite the hill to climb.

200.gif

Reactions: BHD and 66-30-33

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Gallant is a not a good coach tho.

what? Gallant would be probably the best choice we could make if we replaced Sullivan. and there is almost zero chance Sullivan is getting fired seeing as how the team is playing measurably better as they get healthier and Jarry is looking better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad