OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
what? Gallant would be probably the best choice we could make if we replaced Sullivan. and there is almost zero chance Sullivan is getting fired seeing as how the team is playing measurably better as they get healthier and Jarry is looking better and better.

Gallant is a career .550 coach.

He had one good year in his career and the team couldn't even win the Cup.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gallant is a not a good coach tho.
Gallant is exactly what we need.

He's good for 2yrs and then you call him a cab and when he asks you why you hand him his pink slip and say kthxbyeeeee

Sullivan is too long in the tooth with this squad already. He's the second longest tenured pens coach in the current core era after Bylsma. Yeah...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Gallant is exactly what we need.

He's good for 2yrs and then you call him a cab and when he asks you why you hand him his pink slip and say kthxbyeeeee

Sullivan is too long in the tooth with this squad already.

Sullivan's records are much better than anything Gallant did. Gallant got credit for a Vegas one and done and then got spanked in the playoffs every other year of his career.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Skinner can't even ask for a trade because he knows no one will touch that contract. So he gets to sit and make a boatload because he sucks.

Sullivan's records are much better than anything Gallant did. Gallant got credit for a Vegas one and done and then got spanked in the playoffs every other year of his career.
Bylsma's records are also fantastic when we just stare at screens.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You're latching on to the name. Not the situation. I think the Pens need a new coach to spark life and throw in a new style that suits what this team can be capable of regardless of how people feel about the roster. Habs situation is whatever, they limit themselves for coaches because one has to be bilingual only. For the Pens I'm not married to any particular name for the next coach. Just that it needs to be done. People are fooling themselves with the current play, they are still showing the same issues with their team defense and usage of the line up.

But it was interesting to see that roster basically say we've had enough we need someone else and it was done.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It’s too early assess Barrett Hayton. Those forwards, though, are good. The problem is that Chyka went all-in on acquiring players who are good, but non of which are franchise/cornerstone level.
Tocchet has done a good job there. Watching the yotes play always reminds me of who's system actually won the Cups.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You're latching on to the name. Not the situation. I think the Pens need a new coach to spark life and throw in a new style that suits what this team can be capable of regardless of how people feel about the roster. Habs situation is whatever, they limit themselves for coaches because one has to be bilingual only. For the Pens I'm not married to any particular name for the next coach. Just that it needs to be done. People are fooling themselves with the current play, they are still showing the same issues with their team defense and usage of the line up.

But it was interesting to see that roster basically say we've had enough we need someone else and it was done.

I'm fine with a new coach. Gallant is not the solution though.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Man, that Skinner contract. Enjoy that Buffalo. :)
i see you one skinner contact and raise you one bobrovsky contract :) 10m a year for 88.9% save percentage i think they are probably sprinkling Marian Hossa itching powder on his gear every chance they get these days.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Conor Garland is so damn small

garland-jpg.394461

garland-2-jpg.394671

Conor Garland Height - Fact or Fiction

:laugh:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Wow, I didn't realize Skinner has been scratched for three-straight games.

In regards to Gallant... he's a good coach. Although, I can see why people think he's overrated. Everyone on the roster - notably Fleury - had career years during that first season in Vegas. That's not to say he didn't play a role in it, but he gets too much credit. IMO, you're being too critical if you think he's a bad coach, but you're dreaming if think could walk into Seattle and wave his coaching wand on their team (whoever they end up selecting). He should be considered by teams looking for a coach, but they should be careful about putting too much stock into that inaugural season.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If the Bruins are the class of the division, I ain’t too worried about our playoff chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->