Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Step 1: Overachieve
Step 2: Expectations Grow
Step 3: Return to what should be reasonably expected out of an unbalanced roster without elite offensive talents
Step 4: Get fired for results that generally align with the quality of the roster

Habs fans have been vocal of late...but they're always vocal about how management is the only thing preventing them from being the powerhouse that they used to be and not, you know, that the league has completely changed.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pretty weird to fire Julien when you built a mediocre D outside of Petry and spent more money shoring up wing when you already were fine there.
While the Domi trade has worked out this is what I don't like about letting a bad coach stay too long that picks players to play "his" style and then they fire him and you're left with that trash.

Hex and Burkie need to figure their shit out too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
While the Domi trade has worked out this is what I don't like about letting a bad coach stay too long that picks players to play "his" style and then they fire him and you're left with that trash.

Hex and Burkie need to figure their shit out too.

I mean, Julien isn’t a bad coach. That team has been the best 5v5 team for two years now.

Given the roster quality that’s impressive.

Maybe having like 20+ mil tied up in Weber, Price, Chairot and Edmundson is the issue. Or the GM that has been there forever.

Reactions: Ignatius

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, Julien isn’t a bad coach. That team has been the best 5v5 team for two years now.

Maybe having like 20+ mil tied up in Weber, Price, Chairot and Edmundson is the issue. Or the GM that has been there forever.
Claude isn't a bad coach. He's just one that is getting phased out with his style. It's bizarre to me that Torts is still finding a way to not get fired. But the Babcocks, Therriens, Juliens, etc that love the old school method even if they got results, don't last long and Claude mostly lasted because of what you stated, the underlying numbers were good but not good enough for the young talent he has on forward.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Claude isn't a bad coach. He's just one that is getting phased out with his style. It's bizarre to me that Torts is still finding a way to not get fired. But the Babcocks, Therriens, Juliens, etc that love the old school method even if they got results, don't last long and Claude mostly lasted because of what you stated, the underlying numbers were good but not good enough for the young talent he has on forward.

What young talent? Suzuki and Romanov are really good. Aside from that the roster is a bunch of 25+ wingers.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also I think Weber has been great there and Eds isn't a bad get either. That defense wasn't playing well this year but has been for a few seasons even without much talented youth. That is on Bergevin. That Sergachev trade is the one he shouldn't have made.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Yup, out of all GM's out there I still can't seem to understand how this guy is still running the show in Montreal. Molson needs to wake up

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Step 3: Return to what should be reasonably expected out of an unbalanced roster without elite offensive talents
Step 4: Get fired for results that generally align with the quality of the roster

Habs fans have been vocal of late...but they're always vocal about how management is the only thing preventing them from being the powerhouse that they used to be and not, you know, that the league has completely changed.
The owner might just be scared of Marc's gun show.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kafka is solid, but he isn’t an elite talent.

Caulfield isn’t with their roster..
He's in their pipeline. But I mean it's not good for sure. Also not horrific. That Domi trade turned out fantastic. The Drouin trade is one I just think Bergy f***ed up and allowed his coach to dictate that deal and acted like it was needed.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
He's in their pipeline. But I mean it's not good for sure. Also not horrific. That Domi trade turned out fantastic. The Drouin trade is one I just think Bergy f***ed up and allowed his coach to dictate that deal and acted like it was needed.

Did it go fantastic? I mean he's been good in stretches. But that deal is looking kind of like Matheson's.

8 of his 12 points come from games against Vancouver and Ottawa.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Did it go fantastic? I mean he's been good in stretches. But that deal is looking kind of like Matheson's.

8 of his 12 points come from games against Vancouver and Ottawa.
It's more or less a type that they needed vs what they had a lot of and it's worked out is the point. Josh is a powerforward type that they've been unsuccessfully trying to draft and develop basically since they traded away John Leclair.

Domi was small and skilled but also not a perfect fit at C or W and they have a lot of small speedy skilled players. That's a good deal.

But Sergachev when they had nothing in the pipeline like him? Bad move.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Gurglesons i mock the stats Matthews and McDavid put up against the other ahl teams in the north division but I mean, they should be destroying the weaker competition. It's what the Pens fail to do as often as these blokes have been able to.

So if Anderson has produced, he's produced. It's shit that they play such crap teams so often so their numbers are inflated from it but also, they should be inflating their numbers against joke teams like that.

He has 3 goals in 4 games vs Toronto. Probably the only legit threat and I say that so very mockingly. I mean it's too bad those are the only teams they play.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

There was a contingent (at least on Twitter) that took issue with them being called “mediocre” last season. They lost 8 in a row on multiple(!) occasions, and were separated by the Sabres (yes, the Sabres) by a single point at the pause. Yet people talked themselves into thinking they should be good, and their start only raised the bar.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I wonder if this will prompt an organization that was mulling a coaching change to hire him. Think Anaheim dumping Caryle as soon as Boudreau became available.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Good for Montreal not hesitating in making a change despite being in playoff contention. Your move, Hextall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->