OT: Around the NHL | Good riddance, Rivalry Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Might as well. I dunno how anyone can still be salty almost a decade later but they still are. That's what you call the most entitled fanbase on HFBoards.
Can't remember where I read it the other day but the arena no longer has "Hockeytown" painted into the ice. They were all crying which is just downright daft as they all f***ed off last season when they were shite. Only Hockeytown when winning.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Can't remember where I read it the other day but the arena no longer has "Hockeytown" painted into the ice. They were all crying which is just downright daft as they all ****ed off last season when they were ****e. Only Hockeytown when winning.

This is why I prefer animals to people, not that I hate people though.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
It IS a little suspect that Zetterberg will miss next season. Cap circumvention as mentioned here by some perspicacious folks ;)
and also a great way to tank more efficiently and less suspiciously than f***ing up lines and stuff.

Incidentely the Wings are going nowhere... so... how Zetterprising it is. :skeptic:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
The Bruins will have twice as many ads painted on the Garden ice this season

"In the spring, it was announced that the league had authorized four new on-ice ad spots, and that the ads would begin appearing in the 2018-2019 season. Each of the four spots is in a corner of the rink, below the goal line."

Screen_Shot_2018_08_27_at_10.33.28_AM.png

Gross. Didn't realize this was starting.

Reactions: BHD and Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Without a doubt you should make this thread.

I could probably come up with a great OP but not sure how much of a sense of humour the mods on the main boards have. I know they’d close it but I don’t want to cop a ban for a bit as well.

I’ll stick to making bad jokes on the Pens board where it’s safe :laugh:

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Lol lol. Well. Now that those extra ads are a Player Safety item, I can't hate the aesthetic.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Oh goodie, now there is a thread asking who is better, Jagr or Ovi.
Funny how Leafs and Caps fans are so eager to overrate their stars (Matthews and Ovi to name 2) in order to erase their inferiority complex when it comes to the Pens players achievements. To be honest Ovi is getting there but no way Leafs players are getting close to Crosby and Malkin yet. (pic below dated 2012 if you're asking).
134451541.0.jpg

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Anyone read the comments from Anderson?

"I love Ottawa -- I've been there for eight years now and that's my home -- but I don't want anything to do with drama."

Jeez louise. The Sens are a soap opera.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Anyone read the comments from Anderson?

"I love Ottawa -- I've been there for eight years now and that's my home -- but I don't want anything to do with drama."

Jeez louise. The Sens are a soap opera.

It’s weird in a way that Dorion signed for another 3 years with how Melnyk has basically handcuffed him. Yeah it’s a job but surely he could be happier elsewhere.

Seems Ottawa and NYI even more so are the two worst run organisations in the league. It’s a shame.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It’s weird in a way that Dorion signed for another 3 years with how Melnyk has basically handcuffed him. Yeah it’s a job but surely he could be happier elsewhere.

Seems Ottawa and NYI even more so are the two worst run organisations in the league. It’s a shame.

It's hard to evaluate what the GM does when there's so much shit happening in the background. However, the Sens had just come off their run to the ECF.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
That's the fault of the State of California, which vacated his conviction for God knows what reason. I'd really like to know whose palm got greased, here.

I bet if he had a stash of plastic straws Cali would care.

But domestic abuse pshhhhh let's give him another chance guys...

That state really is living in it's own fantasy world. Ashame too because it really is a beautiful state. Minus LA, what a shit hole.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Might as well. I dunno how anyone can still be salty almost a decade later but they still are. That's what you call the most entitled fanbase on HFBoards. Gotta love how anytime Pens win the cup it's been rigged, like people ACTUALLY believe that ****. We should have 0 cups and 0 playoff visits in our entire time Pens have been around in the NHL, because we are such a useless and worthless hockey club and fanbase. Anything and everything bad should happen to us because they are the Penguins and stuff like that.

Funniest part about it is...its like they dont even acknowledge they beat us the year before. Its like that 2008 win was completely erased from history because of our win in 09. Its never mentioned..only the loss in 09. I could see if we won both...but its tied up at 1.

Another reason I want them back in the playoffs in the Crosby/Malkin era, to renew that rivalry but a longshot as of now. Would have love to have seen a 3rd matchup in the playoffs(1st or ECF)

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
It's hard to evaluate what the GM does when there's so much **** happening in the background. However, the Sens had just come off their run to the ECF.

Case in point JR, *I* for one looked at the Semin signing and a few other dubious moves and when we picked him up was a bit doubtful. I doubt him no-more. Sure he makes a few mistakes but he corrects course faster then any GM i've seen. Hard to argue against B2B cups...

Tumty

Aug 18, 2012
Finland
It IS a little suspect that Zetterberg will miss next season. Cap circumvention as mentioned here by some perspicacious folks ;)
and also a great way to tank more efficiently and less suspiciously than ****ing up lines and stuff.

Incidentely the Wings are going nowhere... so... how Zetterprising it is. :skeptic:

You really think so? His back is absolutely brutal, has been since sochi. Show some respect to him, was playing with f***ed up back last season in that shitshow. Great player and i tend to think that he is not that guy who will go like Hossa.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I believe this Zetterberg injury more than others...

Is it convenient for a cash strapped, tanking Red Wings? Sure. But that's how it goes. Pens benefited from Dupuis on LTIR, too.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
IMHO, Zetterberg comes across as a guy who would play out the contract, even if it means a couple of years on a bad Detroit team. Besides, the organization has talked about remaining "competitive" (haha). Him not playing doesn't help their cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad