OT: Around the NHL | Good riddance, Rivalry Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Malkin was a huge Roloson fan.

IIRC - Geno was super pissed at Roloson, then just lit him the **** up. Destroyed him in that game. Angry Geno is one of my most favorite players of all time.

Every time I watched Roloson play, he would be throwing his equipment or dislodging the net. He was an embarrassment to the position.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Every time I watched Roloson play, he would be throwing his equipment or dislodging the net. He was an embarrassment to the position.

Kind of like this wankbucket?

bN9kMy2.gif

Reactions: Brandinho

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Where's your crown, King Nothing?

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Report from behind enemy lines:

Couturier has a new injury to same knee that got messed up during last playoffs. 4-6 weeks out. Not a good pattern.

"Our own Maddie Campbell was just in on a media conference call with general manager Ron Hextall. Here are some key updates and clarifications about Couturier’s injury:
  • The injury occurred on August 10 during the Boot Camp charity tournament
  • This is in fact not a re-injury of his MCL as initially reported. It is the same knee, but a different injury, however, Hextall was quite vague with exactly what part of the knee suffered the injury. His original MCL tear is 100% healed
  • From memory, Hextall believes the injury occurred on a net-front play with no contact
  • Hextall anticipates Couturier to participate partially at the start of camp, but will not take part in any contact drills
  • Couturier will most likely miss the first four pre-season games, but should return to action midway through the pre-season schedule and be ready for the regular reason
  • Hextall was clear this was a separate injury, so they do not believe him to be more susceptible to this type of injury in the future"
Report: Sean Couturier re-injures right knee - UPDATED 2:25 PM ET

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Aaargh! Season has to start ASAP!

OK, Matthews went into PowerBeast mode in his 1rst game ever but... wtf is that thread? (not @OP but some of the replies)

We'll talk when/if he stacks it for the next few seasons. Some Leafs fans... (not posting there because of them)

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Aaargh! Season has to start ASAP!

OK, Matthews went into PowerBeast mode in his 1rst game ever but... wtf is that thread? (not @OP but some of the replies)

We'll talk when/if he stacks it for the next few seasons. Some Leafs fans... (not posting there because of them)

It’s really only one guy. I got sucked in to a reply :laugh: but I was civil and used common sense. That probably won’t cut it :laugh:

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's been so satisfying watching him suck fumes for several years whilst they're unable to move him because of his contract. He used to be good, but he's always been disgraceful.
Man the main board thread about him is hilarious, I will admit, I mentioned his whining and tantrums to see the reaction and it was exactly what I thought it'd be. People came in droves to defend him and then looked at which team I was a fan of and attacked me with Sid stuff.

But Henrik is the one that still throws tantrums, spazzes and constantly throws his team under the bus. The funnier thing is that the Rangers have actually done a very good job of rebuilding IMO, they have stockpiled picks and solid young talent, if the GM had any brains, he'd dump Hank and Staal asap.

Reactions: Brandinho

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Man the main board thread about him is hilarious, I will admit, I mentioned his whining and tantrums to see the reaction and it was exactly what I thought it'd be. People came in droves to defend him and then looked at which team I was a fan of and attacked me with Sid stuff.

But Henrik is the one that still throws tantrums, spazzes and constantly throws his team under the bus. The funnier thing is that the Rangers have actually done a very good job of rebuilding IMO, they have stockpiled picks and solid young talent, if the GM had any brains, he'd dump Hank and Staal asap.

They both have full NMC’s (3 years left). Tough sell with their age and cap hit. Staal’s isn’t too big but for 5.7 mil he’s not that good and the net flipper isn’t an 8.5 mil goalie anymore and is 36.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They both have full NMC’s (3 years left). Tough sell with their age and cap hit. Staal’s isn’t too big but for 5.7 mil he’s not that good and the net flipper isn’t an 8.5 mil goalie anymore and is 36.

Staal would be tougher to move I think.

If you retained on Henrik and sent him to a contender, you'd get a fairly decent return just for the retention and them getting a future HHOF goalie as well. Toronto would be a good target, but Toronto is also royally f***ed with the cap which is fun to watch no matter what.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

I understand that there were extenuating circumstances because of NMCs and the expansion draft, but it will never fail to amuse me that the Rags lost an objectively superior goalie who costs a fraction as much as Lundqvist and is 7 years younger. Maybe the Rags would be a legitimate contender if they still had Antti Raanta, not that I'm shedding any tears for that franchise or anything.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I understand that there were extenuating circumstances because of NMCs and the expansion draft, but it will never fail to amuse me that the Rags lost an objectively superior goalie who costs a fraction as much as Lundqvist and is 7 years younger. Maybe the Rags would be a legitimate contender if they still had Antti Raanta, not that I'm shedding any tears for that franchise or anything.

Well, even before that, the Hawks just let Raanta walk and Raanta was pretty pissed off with the Hawks. Both teams have been trash since he left, which has nothing to do with AR, but I mean, lol.

Raanta is fantastic, but I think he was safe no matter what from the expansion draft, Vegas was salivating for Fleury even before the season was over, there was never anyone else from what we know now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Speaking of the Coyotes, I am surprised no other free agent has signed there. It seems like a good team to go to on a decent 1yr deal to boost your visibility for the deadline and then find yourself on a playoff team. If I am guys like Brouwer and Cammalleri, I'd be signing there for 1yr/1m.

I've liked what Tocchet has done there and it makes me angry because I wanted him fired so he'd be re-hired back to the Pens so hair club for men could get replaced.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Well, even before that, the Hawks just let Raanta walk and Raanta was pretty pissed off with the Hawks. Both teams have been trash since he left, which has nothing to do with AR, but I mean, lol.

Raanta is fantastic, but I think he was safe no matter what from the expansion draft, Vegas was salivating for Fleury even before the season was over, there was never anyone else from what we know now.

Yeah, the Hawks messed up too, but at least you can understand why they'd view Raanta as expendable. Corey Crawford was much younger and much better than Lundqvist.

You're probably right about the expansion draft and I guess it worked out well enough for Vegas, even if Raanta is better than Fleury too.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Speaking of the Coyotes, I am surprised no other free agent has signed there. It seems like a good team to go to on a decent 1yr deal to boost your visibility for the deadline and then find yourself on a playoff team. If I am guys like Brouwer and Cammalleri, I'd be signing there for 1yr/1m.

I've liked what Tocchet has done there and it makes me angry because I wanted him fired so he'd be re-hired back to the Pens so hair club for men could get replaced.

They’ve got an internal cap and wanted to stay pretty low this season. Maybe next year they’ll spend a bit more. They aren’t far away from competing in the playoffs. At the moment the West wildcard spot is s little easier. I love Raanta. Thought he was the best goalie in the NHL last season (didn’t get a Vezina nomination!)

Speaking of internal caps. The NHL cap floor is 58.8 mil. Carolina is at 61 mil and should be competitive. They are the anti-Detroit who are maxed out and already into LTIR :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->