OT: Around the NHL | Good riddance, Rivalry Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
^^^but random nagging injury too bad to play happened to Palffy....and that DIDNT help the Pens...skill or Cap wise

But managed to play 5 more years at a decent level back home....like 1.5+pts/game in the 6th best league in the world. But. Whatever.

I am still livid over that shit.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Oilers don't deserve McDavid not because he's in a shitty little Canadian market, but because a team that tanked on purpose for a decade, doesn't deserve the player let alone a team. If the NHL is going to a move a team, I would personally fund the f***ing move myself.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It’ll never happen but Webber retiring right before the 2025/26 season would be amazing. There would be a Predators fire sale

screen_shot_2016-06-29_at_5-20-33_pm-0-jpg.136851

Lmao, please retire soon, Shea.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
After this summer, I hate Leafs’ fans more than any other fan base. I’d root for Washington and Philly over that team. Those shithead fans are way too arrogant considering their team has largely been a joke for 50 years. Hopefully Boston or Tampa knocks them out of the playoffs in the first round.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
After this summer, I hate Leafs’ fans more than any other fan base. I’d root for Washington and Philly over that team. Those ****head fans are way too arrogant considering their team has largely been a joke for 50 years. Hopefully Boston or Tampa knocks them out of the playoffs in the first round.
Lol ... You just sent up the bat signal fren
cadYEbt.gif

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
After this summer, I hate Leafs’ fans more than any other fan base. I’d root for Washington and Philly over that team. Those ****head fans are way too arrogant considering their team has largely been a joke for 50 years. Hopefully Boston or Tampa knocks them out of the playoffs in the first round.
To be honest it's really a minority of Leafs fans that are total assholes but they're like roided rotten apples, they just can't get enough of fan base contamination just like they thrive on pissing off other teams fan bases. Caps got their candy and i don't see them winning again in this era but dem Cryers... :mad: 'Likes' should be awarded every time we hate those motherf***ers!

Reactions: Hornqvists Glasses

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wow..incredible....I would like someone to research and write an article about the possibility of cross contamination of food or drink, as he contends...it happens with DNA all the time....
Also can one tell if microscopic amounts of a banned substance were once an amount that could have had an effect? In the illegal drug field, there is a metabolite of the substance that is generated when the body processes the drug, whether cocaine, weed etc....is there such a thing with steroids? One then could presumably tell whether his argument is legit or not....

Reactions: Shady Machine

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Wow..incredible....I would like someone to research and write an article about the possibility of cross contamination of food or drink, as he contends...it happens with DNA all the time....
Also can one tell if microscopic amounts of a banned substance were once an amount that could have had an effect? In the illegal drug field, there is a metabolite of the substance that is generated when the body processes the drug, whether cocaine, weed etc....is there such a thing with steroids? One then could presumably tell whether his argument is legit or not....
Yeah, is it contamination or residue left from known ingestion.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
If anyone wants an evening read, they can check out the timeline of the Hoffman/Karlsson saga. Good lord.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Part of the recipe for how to dismantle a conference finalist in less than a season. And they've lost the partner of one protagonist for next to nothing and will likely lose the spouse of the other protagonist for a lot less than he's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brandinho

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Part of the recipe for how to dismantle a conference finalist in less than a season. And they've lost the partner of one protagonist for next to nothing and will likely lose the spouse of the other protagonist for a lot less than he's worth.

A lot players love Ottawa but not some of the current people in the organisation which makes things difficult. Some better decision making and they could have been really competitive for years to come.

DWvkYiKVAAUpjog

Ottawa Senators timeline of dysfunction in 2017-18

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

A lot of the time athletes take other substances to reduce the presence of banned substances in their tests. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it might fit the evidence as well as innocence does and USADA stopped giving athletes the benefit of the doubt after their experience with Lance Armstrong (other testing agencies follow their lead).

Also worth pointing out that Rafael Palmeiro made an even more passionate proclamation of innocence under oath in front of Congress. He would later tell MLB that he purchased steroids from Miguel Tejada and a grand jury that he was a habitual user of amphetamines.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
A lot of the time athletes take other substances to reduce the presence of banned substances in their tests. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it might fit the evidence as well as innocence does and USADA stopped giving athletes the benefit of the doubt after their experience with Lance Armstrong (other testing agencies follow their lead).

Also worth pointing out that Rafael Palmeiro made an even more passionate proclamation of innocence under oath in front of Congress. He would later tell MLB that he purchased steroids from Miguel Tejada and a grand jury that he was a habitual user of amphetamines.

Yeah, I’m not saying I trust that he’s being honest...just that there may be ways to confirm or refute what he says through the presence of other testing, so why not explore that, of at least provide additional information to justify the result....

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Yeah, I’m not saying I trust that he’s being honest...just that there may be ways to confirm or refute what he says through the presence of other testing, so why not explore that, of at least provide additional information to justify the result....

My understanding is that testing agencies have PTSD from their experience with cycling (which did require paranoid practices to clean up) and feel like if they liberalize their process an inch or give anybody the benefit of the doubt, athletes will exploit it for chasms. In all honesty, they're probably right.

Obviously this leads to bull**** like suspending Maria Sharapova for ingesting a substance that they'd given her permission to ingest (she was suspended not because she continued taking it after the ban, but because it wasn't yet out of her system the day after they banned it), but like I said, Lance taught them that if they don't err on the side of suspicion, they can't accomplish what they're trying to do.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Moved the discussion about bullying - which definitely warrants attention - to the OT thread.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why does Toronto have a PR team when they already have TSN and Sportsnet blowing smoke up peoples asses for those that don't even care about the Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad