OT: Around the NHL | Good riddance, Rivalry Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I dont know if there are stats for this, but high danger zone attempts have to be up this year. Every game I watch there are point blank chances left and right. Some really good puck out there.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Carolina looks purdy good out there. It's against the blue jackets, but one never really truly knows how the blue jackets are as a team. They go from terrible to pretty good and back to terrible on a yearly basis.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I dont know if there are stats for this, but high danger zone attempts have to be up this year. Every game I watch there are point blank chances left and right. Some really good puck out there.

Every game I watched this year has been fantastic entertainment wise. I'm really happy this year after being extremely disappointed by the NFL.
It's going to be a great hockey season.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Every game I watched this year has been fantastic entertainment wise. I'm really happy this year after being extremely disappointed by the NFL.
It's going to be a great hockey season.

Totally agree. I see a lot of post-whistle scrums w/o any bullshit. I like it. I see a lot less attempts to finish dangerous hits. I like it. I see a lot of fast pace skating and offense. I like it. I see goals. I like it.

Reactions: shoplifter

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

There are but they can be skewed because every arena does their own then it comes down to their interpretation.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Totally agree. I see a lot of post-whistle scrums w/o any bull****. I like it. I see a lot less attempts to finish dangerous hits. I like it. I see a lot of fast pace skating and offense. I like it. I see goals. I like it.

Outside of the idiots like Marchand and Wilson, seeing players respecting each other with dangerous hits is a nice thing to see. I think these guys sometimes forget that the same crap can happen to them by some other idiot, so trying to avoid it and not do it at all is the best thing.

There just seems to be more skill out there, which most people would have you believe is not the case when a league expands, but it just goes to show that there is so much talent out there in Hockey and almost not enough teams. I am kind of excited to see what Seattle will do when they get their Arena thing and bid sorted out.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The Carolina/Columbus game, yeah, it's as boring as it sounds. Falling asleep here. Looking forward to the Sharks/Kings game. Hopefully that's better.

Bluejackets home opener, the crowd is dead.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Carolina/Columbus game, yeah, it's as boring as it sounds. Falling asleep here. Looking forward to the Sharks/Kings game. Hopefully that's better.

Crowd is very dead. True for sure. Carolina plays a looser game than we do. :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Really? I kind of like it. Well, I'm watching more to see how Panarin does, but I'm just glad hockey is back.
Super excited to see how Kovy does tonight as well. A decent night for hockey even though only two games are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad