OT: Around the NHL: Free agency is upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Shocked

twitter-picture-of-kane-holding-stacks-of-cash-stirs-social-media-hornets-nest.jpg

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Well, holy shit there. I'm sure this will end in a calm manner where everyone is happy.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Do you think Malkin will be ready for the first regular season game? Or if ain't, is he gon be back like during the first two weeks no?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

What would you guys be willing to part with for your old boo?

Nevermind, looks like he's reporting to the team, so off-season trade is very unlikely.

However, I don't think the Blackhawks are going to be any good this year, so decent chance he might be traded to you guys at the TDL, lot less cap hit and salary to pay too.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Nevermind, looks like he's reporting to the team, so off-season trade is very unlikely.

However, I don't think the Blackhawks are going to be any good this year, so decent chance he might be traded to you guys at the TDL, lot less cap hit and salary to pay too.

Eh. Jones is overpaid but better than Keith at this point. Plus they’re getting Toews back last I looked.

They’re a bubble team at worst IMO. Especially with Fleury being an awesome regular season goalie.

Reactions: Peat and Gurglesons

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Oh good, more MAF trade talk until the deadline.

MOVE ON

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Eh. Jones is overpaid but better than Keith at this point. Plus they’re getting Toews back last I looked.

They’re a bubble team at worst IMO. Especially with Fleury being an awesome regular season goalie.

Pacific is awful so Central like gets five teams through. Probably St. Louis, Minnie, CHI, Colorado, Dallas and WPG all battling it out.

Reactions: mpp9

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Would there be a way that Fleury could void his contract and become UFA? Or do both parties have to agree to that (player + team).

Weird situation but it’s not like Chicago is Buffalo. I’d just.. play a game in a (mostly) nice city for a decent team and collect the 7 million bucks.

Reactions: BHD

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Full season of Dach for Chicago too. I'm thinking they'll be in the mix around the playoff.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I told you idiots for years Kane is a loser. The stuff his wife said is sad and awful for her.
To add to this...

Notice how the narrative on HFboards when a woman has done something to a player is like oh why would she do that to him or that she's also as guilty or she's a liar or a crazed person. They are so quick to disparage the woman or try to minimize it before they ever admit that yeah you know maybe the bloke that literally has an entire career of indiscretions might actually be a shit person capable of this, after all.

I imagine most of these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: are those celibate wankers that aren't that way by choice but because most women are repulsed by them.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
To add to this...

Notice how the narrative on HFboards when a woman has done something to a player is like oh why would she do that to him or that she's also as guilty or she's a liar or a crazed person. They are so quick to disparage the woman or try to minimize it before they ever admit that yeah you know maybe the bloke that literally has an entire career of indiscretions might actually be a shit person capable of this, after all.

The main board thread is wild for this. I swear people were going "you shouldn't automatically believe her just because she's a woman" twenty posts in, when every post preceding it was "holy hell, let's see what the investigation finds" and "yup, sounds like Evander" and nothing about believing the source because of who the source was at all. Tilting at windmills.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Uh, it ain't the main board. It's society as a whole.

Big surprise as to why victims stay silent for years. "If it happened why didn't you speak up right away?" I don't know, maybe the infinity number of victims who were immediately labeled gold diggers, opportunists, or whatever other vile shit dumpster people want to throw around.

Kane's a scumbag. He's not on the same level of scumbag as some of the numerous sex pests around the game, or the bigots sprinkled in around the league, but y'know. There's enough room in the dumpster for a lot of different kinds of scumbag.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Uh, it ain't the main board. It's society as a whole.

Big surprise as to why victims stay silent for years. "If it happened why didn't you speak up right away?" I don't know, maybe the infinity number of victims who were immediately labeled gold diggers, opportunists, or whatever other vile shit dumpster people want to throw around.

Kane's a scumbag. He's not on the same level of scumbag as some of the numerous sex pests around the game, or the bigots sprinkled in around the league, but y'know. There's enough room in the dumpster for a lot of different kinds of scumbag.

Athletes get away with a ton starting at the grass roots level where towns/cities/etc will chastise the woman and make them feel like trash and then society wonders why women don't speak up. Read about the woman that Harry Zolnierczyk and his shitty mate, felt about how the town made her feel like trash because poor Harry and his career were ruined.

The same benefit of the doubt should be given to both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest