OT: Around the NHL: Free agency is upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
That Werenski deal is something else

Generational payday. He's been a warrior for them and as long as he is content never winning anything they're willing to pay through the nose to keep him and likely anyone else willing to stay in Columbus.

It's not the worst gig in the world of hockey, he could be stuck in Buffalo with Jeff Skinner.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Generational payday. He's been a warrior for them and as long as he is content never winning anything they're willing to pay through the nose to keep him and likely anyone else willing to stay in Columbus.

It's not the worst gig in the world of hockey, he could be stuck in Buffalo with Jeff Skinner.

it’s not BUF but it’s pretty bad though…he’s getting the pity money lol

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I'm afraid of what Letang will ask for/get when he gets re-signed.

I have a feeling that if anyone is going to take a hometown discount to stay here it will be Kris. I don't doubt that he would be willing to keep his pay at a similar level or maybe even take a bit less to keep the band together and help the team add. I think much will depend on what Malkin does, perhaps they'll be like Sid and go by their sweater number... you know $7.1 mil for Geno and $5.8 mil for Kristopher :nod:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
That Werenski deal is something else

Hes worth more than Jones so.....

I have a feeling that if anyone is going to take a hometown discount to stay here it will be Kris. I don't doubt that he would be willing to keep his pay at a similar level or maybe even take a bit less to keep the band together and help the team add. I think much will depend on what Malkin does, perhaps they'll be like Sid and go by their sweater number... you know $7.1 mil for Geno and $5.8 mil for Kristopher :nod:

Agreed. Unless he wants to go play for the Habs, I see him signing at a reasonable cap, will be the term thats interesting.

Geno I think you have to give term too. 4 years at 8.7mil maybe? Slightly lower cap hit, but a 4th year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Letang's been on a "hometown discount" for the majority of his career. His camp could easily push for a raise and get it, imo. He's the team's best player as of late, and he's already making several million less than a top-10, #1 blueliner realistically should be worth. He's got all the leverage. What's this team gonna do, try to rebuild a blueline minus Letang? Good f***ing luck, bud. :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

No chance. Letang unless he complete falls off next year will be worth 7.25. I imagine he just signs for the same thing.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
2621B98B-6BA1-4E82-94AF-5E722D930D53.jpeg

Reactions: BHD

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Generational payday. He's been a warrior for them and as long as he is content never winning anything they're willing to pay through the nose to keep him and likely anyone else willing to stay in

Oh don’t get me wrong he deserves it considering the amount of goals he put up in Torts’ system while Jones got all the spotlight. I was just surprised that the CBJ gave that contract out is all.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The good thing about the Reaves trade is that maybe he puts Wilson on a liquid diet.

Also, hello again. I took a break for ~1 month from the board. Still catching up on all the Salary Cap, Signings, Trades, and Expansion Draft threads. At this pace I'll never catch up. But one thing is evident: people need to chill out on their immediate reactions and try to see the "whole picture".

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The good thing about the Reaves trade is that maybe he puts Wilson on a liquid diet.

Also, hello again. I took a break for ~1 month from the board. Still catching up on all the Salary Cap, Signings, Trades, and Expansion Draft threads. At this pace I'll never catch up. But one thing is evident: people need to chill out on their immediate reactions and try to see the "whole picture".
You left for a month?

I was wondering why it was so pleasant around these parts.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Let’s see if Hextall does anything else because right now, the pooch is sore from being screwed for two days.

If we go into this season with this roster as is, this is another failure of an off season, which is becoming a theme around here.

At this point, you gotta hope that Hextall doesn’t piss away the last of the cap space on ZAR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA