Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Colorado scored! It's 4-2 against the Sharks with 2:33 to go.

If the game ends like this, Namestnikov has the GWG. Looks like he's been playing on a line with MacKinnon and Landeskog.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Great results for the Sens tonight! Sharks lose, Anaheim with a point and a Columbus win.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Vancouver faltering without Markstrom.

Not surprised honestly.

As for this season, i have always viewed them as the western version of past Senators team. Get dominated when it comes to puck possession and shot count, but have great goaltending that saves your ass and steals you games.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Nice win for Chris Dreidger last night for the Panthers. I've always seen him as the one that got away in terms of our goaltending depth. During the time he was in our system Bingo was absolutely terrible, so he really had no support, and there didn't seem to be much of a plan for goaltending succession. (Seriously, go look at Bingo's roster from those years - it was cover-your-eyes awful.) I always suspected that we would regret letting him go - Panthers look like they may have stumbled on to a gem.

Extremely logical post but ignoring that goalies are voodoo lol

Reactions: GCK

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Extremely logical post but ignoring that goalies are voodoo lol

Ha! That they are. The Hamburglar run is the best example - where was the logic in a 28 year old career minor league player, a guy who was less than two months away from not being offered a contract and being out of pro hockey, going on that run? It's like a bumblebee flying - physicists can't explain how it happens...

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ha! That they are. The Hamburglar run is the best example - where was the logic in a 28 year old career minor league player, a guy who was less than two months away from not being offered a contract and being out of pro hockey, going on that run? It's like a bumblebee flying - physicists can't explain how it happens...

The Hamburglar run. I loved that run. I kind of always felt that he never got a chance after that run. Injuries prevented him from ever getting started the following fall. Good for him though. He made some pro level money and is set up pretty good

Reactions: DrEasy

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Kings have been playing some fine hockey lately. Dominating Avs now.
Coupled with their crazy good prospect pool, I'd be pretty excited if I were a Kings fan right now, even though they are ruining the tank.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Kings have been playing some fine hockey lately. Dominating Avs now.
Coupled with their crazy good prospect pool, I'd be pretty excited if I were a Kings fan right now, even though they are ruining the tank.

Last week i looked at the remaining home and away schedules and respective records and i had LA outpacing us by a couple of points. I hope that holds

Reactions: RaMai

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Holy shit.....I thought you guys were joking about SJ games (until I went to the corona thread in the business board).

This is really getting serious.

Think they'll still go ahead, and simply play in an empty arena?

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
C9B17255-AE96-44EA-9015-7273E05BFEDE.jpeg

Reactions: guyzeur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad