Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Colorado fans also have to be jumping for joy. Ottawa roster looked bad with EK. They’ll be an absolute joke without him.

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
I have a friend from Springfield who is a big Senators fan. We got club level tickets and all to see the game on 19 Jan. I'm concerned he's going to back out due to not being a Sens fan after this trade.

Reactions: Dbrownss

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
That’s a bunch of junk for one of, if not the best, defenseman in the league. I don’t care if he’s only signed through this year, that’s awful.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
giphy.gif

Wow that’s bad.

SJ PP with both EK and Burns? Me scared.

Reactions: Lord Helix

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Terrible return for the Sens. Not quite as bad as Pronger to Edmonton, but pretty bad. I believe Karlsson to be the most overrated player in hockey(now that people have finally accepted that Toews is not a superstar), but he still should return more than that. Just a bunch of nothing players and "prospects".

Reactions: The Note in MI

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Terrible return for the Sens. Not quite as bad as Pronger to Edmonton, but pretty bad. I believe Karlsson to be the most overrated player in hockey(now that people have finally accepted that Toews is not a superstar), but he still should return more than that. Just a bunch of nothing players and "prospects".
I agree he is overrated.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
You know how fans always say:

"We should have traded him before he left for free agency! We knew he wasn't going to re-sign!"

This is the kind of offer GMs are getting for those kind of players they lose to free agency. Hence why they don't usually make the trade but rather try to re-sign the player.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
They still may not (read: won't) have a 2019 1st rounder because San Jose will owe it to Buffalo by making the playoffs, so...

giphy.gif
What's the conditions on the 1st to Buffalo? I remember it was based on Kane signing.

trading your 17 1st round pick player, pick a complete wild card in 18 then the move both the 19/20 1sts. All the while having a crappy prospect pool. Alright then. Might need to hit up ol Boomer and see if his SJS love is still there.

This will make SJS better, but their forwards are still meh. I fully expect Kane to remain a 50pt player

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Our equivalent offer based on various player scores would have been:

Steen (Tierney)
Schmaltz (Demelo)
Foley/Stevens/Blais (Norris)
Kostin (Balcers)
+ picks

The Kostin equivalence is very debatable given the differences in upside between him and Balcers, but their seasons (adjusted for ice time, age, competition, etc) were similar (Kostin was slightly better).

We probably wouldn’t have been able to absorb Karlsson’s cap hit, and we definitely wouldn’t have been able to re-sign him, but... that’s a helluva trade from San Jose’s perspective.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Our equivalent offer based on various player scores would have been:

Steen (Tierney)
Schmaltz (Demelo)
Foley/Stevens/Blais (Norris)
Kostin (Balcers)
+ picks

The Kostin equivalence is very debatable given the differences in upside between him and Balcers, but their seasons (adjusted for ice time, age, competition, etc) were similar (Kostin was slightly better).

We probably wouldn’t have been able to absorb Karlsson’s cap hit, and we definitely wouldn’t have been able to re-sign him, but... that’s a helluva trade from San Jose’s perspective.

I would say Tierney is closer to Fabbri/Barbashev mix, and Norris more like Thompson, both due to age.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I would say Tierney is closer to Fabbri/Barbashev mix, and Norris more like Thompson, both due to age.

Stylistically, Tierney is closer to Barbashev than he is to Fabbri, but point taken.

Stylistically, the Norris-Stevens/Foley/Blais one is pretty apt I think. He shouldn’t have been the #19 pick, players like him are pretty common.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Stylistically, Tierney is closer to Barbashev than he is to Fabbri, but point taken.

Stylistically, the Norris-Stevens/Foley/Blais one is pretty apt I think. He shouldn’t have been the #19 pick, players like him are pretty common.
I've never seen Norris play, just that he's a #19OA 19 y/o. Comparing him as a prospect to other prospects drafted much later just didn't seem right. I'll take your word for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad