Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There is zero anti Finn from me. Just anti extreme hype. I'm skeptical of guys who come from Europe with extreme success and it translating to NHL ice. I had the same doubts about good ol Murican Austin Matthews. Well guess what....I'm wrong more then right.
Cmon, even you don't believe that. I understand you hate me, but all the finn prospects its too much. Give a break and have a kit kat.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
At least we're talking about the Finns... positive or negative. No one is talking about the dutch, which is even worse. Dammit... ;)

The Dutch: best country at fieldhockey in the world, best country (by far) at speedskating in the world. You would think we should be able to combine those and play real hockey at a decent level...
We only have one legit player and he hasn't even able to crack the Pittsburgh lineup for more then a couple of games.

There are only two things that i can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the Dutch.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Cmon, even you don't believe that. I understand you hate me, but all the finn prospects its too much. Give a break and have a kit kat.
Are you being serious or not? There seems to be cultural/personality misunderstandings, but I absolutely do not hate you. I challage you on things you post, but sometimes I misunderstand your meanings behind things. If I hated you(I don't actually hate anyone, especially on an internet forum), I'd simply block you and ignore you.

I do value your input on our European prospects since you have greater access to them. You've been spot on with Mikkola, now that I'm finally getting a chance to see him live with my own eyes.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015

I disagree with you on a lot of points, and i think you're unreasonably critical of players. But you're far from the only one that matches that criteria on this board. You said it yourself, how many Finns are in the NHL? You named two that play for division rivals, and one that has played how many games against us? I dont think most americans know more about Finland than it's cold and y'all invented vodka.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
At least we're talking about the Finns... positive or negative. No one is talking about the dutch, which is even worse. Dammit... ;)

The Dutch: best country at fieldhockey in the world, best country (by far) at speedskating in the world. You would think we should be able to combine those and play real hockey at a decent level...
We only have one legit player and he hasn't even able to crack the Pittsburgh lineup for more then a couple of games.

Also some of the best food in the world. I'll take filet americain, poffertjes, and lekkerbekje over nearly anything Italy or France has to offer.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I can't believe one of Ranksu's pity parties generated this much discussion. Troll, troll, troll, cry about how abused you are when people push back on your trolling, troll, troll, rinse and repeat.

Husso is Finnish and is a promising prospect for the Blues. -> Blues fans love him
Tolvanen/Laine is Finnish and a promising prospect for a rival team of the Blues -> Blues fans dislike him

Yes, it is obviously the fact they are Finnish that we dislike. :rolleyes: Give me a break. We don't like highly touted prospects on our rivals. We don't like awful prospects on our team (Lindbohm). We love aweseome Finnish prospects on our team (Husso). Its about the potential of the prospect and what team he plays for, not what country he's from.

Why would we have a bias against Finland? Most American's know nothing about it and never think about it. Its a small country half-way across the world from us with less people and GDP than some NHL cities. It doesn't really get involved in international conflicts much, but its been on our side when it does. If it wasn't for you obnoxiously waiving the Finnish flag and hyping Finnish prospects every other post, literally none of us would care or even think about whether a player is from Finland or not.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I disagree with you on a lot of points, and i think you're unreasonably critical of players. But you're far from the only one that matches that criteria on this board. You said it yourself, how many Finns are in the NHL? You named two that play for division rivals, and one that has played how many games against us? I dont think most americans know more about Finland than it's cold and y'all invented vodka.

Vodka comes from Russia.

More of finnish traditional drink is beer and its called Sahti.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese