Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Aaaandddd Brandon Manning is waived.

f*** it's amazing how badly Chiarelli did there. They could certainly use Caggiula's 10 goals this season.

Reactions: SteveR85

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Tampa has no issues delivering a top role elbow drop on a weakened opponent.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Tampa has no issues delivering a top role elbow drop on a weakened opponent.
Was funny listening to Cooper talking about how good Jackets were playing and how his guys were not bringing A game and i had to doublecheck to make sure I hadn't misread which team had the goals.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Was funny listening to Cooper talking about how good Jackets were playing and how his guys were not bringing A game and i had to doublecheck to make sure I hadn't misread which team had the goals.
Same thing from the Minny game for us

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Tampa is just absurd. Three of the league's top 10 scorers are on their roster, and two of them weren't drafted in the 1st round.

Reactions: Blueston

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Kucherov is unreal.

McDavid is still the best player but man...Kuch stirs that TB drink.

Jesus...5pts again

Last edited:

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Man, the Sharks better hope Martin Jones transforms into his playoff self when the playoffs start because the way he is playing, that will be their downfall. Exactly why that team wouldn't scare me in the slightest come playoff time. Even with the West being top heavy this year, every one of the top six teams has a petty glaring hole.

SJS, questionable goaltending. CGY, same. WPG, average goaltending this year, lack of a 2C, Laine's struggles, Ehlers can't stay healthy, terrible advanced stats for a good portion of the year. NSH, terrible PP, "amazing" top 4 not staying healthy, lack of star power up front. VGK, who lives and dies with Fleury's performance, potent top line from last year has been pretty pedestrian.

This could all change come TDL time, but none of those teams screams "heavy favorite" going into the playoffs. If the Blues can continue playing as they have (obviously not gonna continue to win every game and get a .930 from their goalie), they have a real chance of winning a couple of rounds and making some noise. After their start to this season, it really is going to be playing with house money going into the playoffs. Looking forward to seeing what this team can do without the pressure of entering the playoffs as one of the favorites and playing with a bit of a **** it attitude.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Screenshot_20190219-213441_NHL.jpg

Holy shit, that's a narrow margin for error! Am I ever glad to be looking back at that mess!

5 teams, 1 point apart on the playoff cusp... 2 points back, if you add the extra to nullify Minnesota's ROW advantage. And only Colorado having a game in hand.

I'll echo what Spektre and BlueDream have said, Boudreau has to be under some pressure over his job right now.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
View attachment 189077

Holy ****, that's a narrow margin for error! Am I ever glad to be looking back at that mess!

5 teams, 1 point apart on the playoff cusp... 2 points back, if you add the extra to nullify Minnesota's ROW advantage. And only Colorado having a game in hand.

I'll echo what Spektre and BlueDream have said, Boudreau has to be under some pressure over his job right now.

I don’t think anyone will be shocked if Minnesota moves some of their core.

What sucks is that it’s looking more and more like Chicago is going to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad