Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
I don’t think anyone will be shocked if Minnesota moves some of their core.

What sucks is that it’s looking more and more like Chicago is going to make the playoffs.

Better than them picking high worried enough about Colorado drafting 2/3 of a second line in one draft.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

What sucks is that it’s looking more and more like Chicago is going to make the playoffs.

Who do you move out of their core? It's not like the Parise and Suter contracts are easy to move right now (even with both playing well, there's just so much money and term left). Zucker, after just signing the extension? Granlund as one of their most consistent scorers?

Shipping out Staal and Spurgeon arguably makes them worse, though Staal is a rental and Spurgeon having 1 year left makes him a likely candidate.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
West is an absolute madhouse at the bottom. 4 teams have 59 points and Minnesota has the final playoff spot at 60 and the tie breaker on everyone. I’m so glad the Blues separated themselves from that mess. I don’t really care who gets the final playoff spot in the West so it should lead to some really entertaining games around the league down the stretch with pretty much everyone still in the picture.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Truthfully I want Chicago to make the playoffs.

They’ve got zero shot at beating a top Western team the way they play defense and it keeps them out of the draft lottery.
Agreed. Let them scare Winnipeg or Calgary, maybe beat them. And if the Blues get to face them, it will be fun.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

It wouldn't bother me one bit if they backed into a wild card spot and got swept in the first round. That way, there is no possibility of them winning the draft lottery.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Definitely something going on there. A Caps spokesman literally told media members Jaskin was being placed on waivers, which is why he wasn't at practice. Then in the middle practice they pulled DSP off the ice and said they're waving him instead.

Wonder if Jaskin is being thrown into a trade for a forward. I'm seeing Dzingel's name being mentioned there.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
charlie coyle has been traded but not known to who yet

wild firesale has begun

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
OOF!!

No way, without some serious retention. He isn't worth that $5.5M per year deal he got and has four more years left. He's also been a ghost in the playoffs, including the year of his outlier regular season that got him that ridiculous contract in the first place.
Zucker isn’t a go to guy like a Tarasenko - but he’s a fantastic complimentary player. He would be a great addition to this team.

He’s a 50-60 pt winger with blazing speed and an excellent shot. He also has a very strong work ethic, is excellent on zone entry, and has an underrated defensive game (he’s excellent along the boards and can play a heavy game for a guy his size). If he came cheap or could be offset by us sending some cap back their way, I’d be all over it. I think with a more competent team he could be a 70pt winger and 30+ goal scorer. 5M for a second liner will be cheap in two years time, and I think Zucker has the potential to be a 1W.

I also think that Zucker is far more effective as a RW than a LW, given the way he attacks the ice and prefers to enter the zone on the rush. Early on in his career he was relied upon defensivley. I think here we could allow him to play a more open game and he could flourish playing his off side.

Reactions: shmotz

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Coyle for Donato + 5th. Terrible for the Wild. Should've offered Blais + 3rd and we probably could have gotten Coyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->