Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Hate to admit it, but maybe the only guy hotter than Tarasenko right now is Patrick Kane. Up to a 17 game point streak and basically dragging the Hawks back from the dead.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Hate to admit it, but maybe the only guy hotter than Tarasenko right now is Patrick Kane. Up to a 17 game point streak and basically dragging the Hawks back from the dead.
Kane has always been the next tier of superstar. But it’s nice to see Tarasenko convincing people that he’s in the tier below that.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Has Nikita Kucherov transcended onto another plane of existence?:laugh:

Kane is more impressive imo. If he were to get hurt, the Hawks would sink like a rock. If Kuch went down...Tampa would still clown pound teams

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
When looking at the NHL scoreboard the last month or so, does anyone else feel like the guy on Caddyshack playing the round of his life in a thunderstorm?
I keep thinking of Kermit the Frog in Muppet Treasure Island when he's putting on a fantastic display of swordsmanship, and Long John Silver [Tim Curry] is staring at him incredulously the entire time. We're Kermit, and we haven't hit the point where Silver finally exclaims "excuse me!" and Kermit's sword goes flying, leaving him totally unarmed.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Carolina bumped Pittsburgh from the second WC spot with their win over Dallas. Wouldn't mind seeing them sneak in, I've always liked them as organization even going back to the Whale Tail days. Though it was painful watching Brindamour and Weight help them hoist the cup when they went on their run in '06. I would be curious/nauseated to see the list of former Blues who went on to win a cup with another franchise, I know it's a long one.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Spooner for Gagner. I have to reiterate that I can't believe we were talking to Boston about Spooner a few years ago. I am so glad we dodged that bullet!
He may have been offered to the Blues, but I'm still convinced the Blues never had any serious interest in him. He was almost the antithesis of a Hitchcock player. It just wasn't going to happen.

If I could have put money on Spooner being traded away from Edmonton once Hitchcock was hired, I would have.

Reactions: simon IC

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I keep thinking of Kermit the Frog in Muppet Treasure Island when he's putting on a fantastic display of swordsmanship, and Long John Silver [Tim Curry] is staring at him incredulously the entire time. We're Kermit, and we haven't hit the point where Silver finally exclaims "excuse me!" and Kermit's sword goes flying, leaving him totally unarmed.

Sounds amazing, I'm gonna try and find that clip!

It's so refreshing to have the real 91 bank. I'm sure some of it is the shoulder but part of me wonders if some guys learn to leave fuel in the tank after so many disappointing season finishes. The Blues are getting hot at the right time and it's no coincidence that our best player is also heating up. He's so fun to watch when he's "on."

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I would be curious/nauseated to see the list of former Blues who went on to win a cup with another franchise, I know it's a long one.
I remember doing this years ago. I'm sure it's been done by others, and surely someone has an active list going. You don't want to see it, you'll just get depressed and want to go jump in front of traffic.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Found this, but it only lists former players who went elsewhere and won a Cup as a player. It doesn't include former coaches, or guys who played here and then went on to a coaching or front office spot elsewhere and won a Cup [got their name engraved on the Cup] like Nelson Emerson with the Kings.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Found this, but it only lists former players who went elsewhere and won a Cup as a player. It doesn't include former coaches, or guys who played here and then went on to a coaching or front office spot elsewhere and won a Cup [got their name engraved on the Cup] like Nelson Emerson with the Kings.

Eeesh. I forgot Hedican was on that Carolina team as well, lol.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Nashville v. Dallas on Tuesday...the team we're chasing against the team chasing us. Go Stars, go! The Leafs should be a good test for the Blues. Would be nice to pound them again and keep the steamroller going for another few games. 15 in a row sounds nice.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Nashville v. Dallas on Tuesday...the team we're chasing against the team chasing us. Go Stars, go! The Leafs should be a good test for the Blues. Would be nice to pound them again and keep the steamroller going for another few games. 15 in a row sounds nice.
Leafs will be an odd game. They will be looking for a bounce back and revenge because we beat that ass often...even when were not good. You have to think our boys are running on fumes....they've played alot of heckey

Reactions: Default

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Neidermayer plays 4 years in Anaheim and they retire his number? He was a great player but c’mon. 4 years??

Fuhr played here 4 years, Oates for 3, Cujo for 6, Tkachuk for 9, Demitra for 8, and Pronger for 9.

Prongs played 3 years in Anaheim. Are they going to retire 44 before the Blues do?

Nothing against Neidermayer but 4 years is rediculous to get your number retired.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Neidermayer plays 4 years in Anaheim and they retire his number? He was a great player but c’mon. 4 years??

Fuhr played here 4 years, Oates for 3, Cujo for 6, Tkachuk for 9, Demitra for 8, and Pronger for 9.

Prongs played 3 years in Anaheim. Are they going to retire 44 before the Blues do?

Nothing against Neidermayer but 4 years is rediculous to get your number retired.
He is HOFer who played 5 years there and captained them to their only Cup team. He was also Conn Smyth winner on that Cup team. Pretty significant player in their relatively short history.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
What's the least amount of games a goalie has played and also won the Vezina? Obviously Binnington doesn't have a shot at it with Andersen and Vasi playing well and playing a lot, but can you imagine the insanity here in St. Louis having a goalie win a Vezina WITH the Blues? :laugh:

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
What's the least amount of games a goalie has played and also won the Vezina? Obviously Binnington doesn't have a shot at it with Andersen and Vasi playing well and playing a lot, but can you imagine the insanity here in St. Louis having a goalie win a Vezina WITH the Blues? :laugh:

Yes, I can, and I would prefer not to think about it.

Freaking Turek...

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Yeah, whenever I think of Niedermayer I think of him as a Devil, not a Duck.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
MTL dropping quite a few games lately in a tight WC race. Sucks to see cause I enjoy watching their team lately. Kotkaniemi is gonna be a great player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad