OT: Around the NHL - Currently serving Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It's a whole bunch of "meh" up front with the Preds. Forsberg is their only game-breaking forward. Even Duchene, while he can score, doesn't create offence like elite players do. They only time they've gone far (i.e., past the second round) is when the entire team got hot at the same time. Even though they made to the SCF that year, they didn't have enough guys who could deliver the knock out punch (e.g., Sid, Geno, Kessel, Jake).

Plus, Laviolette's system might be stale.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Bonino with a terrible penalty with like 3 min left in tied game to give TB a PP...he would be totally roasted here...inexcusable

Reactions: BHD

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

I don’t even think they really miss him on the powerplay specifically, just a right handed shot. Also they’ve not been healthy enough to even develop a new good powerplay. I love Phil, but he looks like he’ll be out of the league by 2021.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hate the Caps....

also Tanner Vanilla Pearson has more goals that all but three Penguins...and Derek Grant, Carter Rowney and Sundqvist before injury also would be topping the goal list here compared to our bottom six...sad...

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I hate the Caps....

also Tanner Vanilla Pearson has more goals that all but three Penguins...and Derek Grant, Carter Rowney and Sundqvist before injury also would be topping the goal list here compared to our bottom six...sad...

I know what you mean but then again we get results from higher end players that other teams dont. Especially certain dmen we changed over the years. Dupuis. Cooke. Talbot. Guerin/Recchi/Gonchar...when they were older. Same as Fedotenko, Sykora, Satan

Imagine the Oilers trying to get anything out of any of them. Itd still be just Drai and McD on same line with the other 10 forwards skating around blindfolded and ending up ruining their development. They didnt care about Pulijujarvi. And Yaimmamoto is next

That FO makes no sense.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I know what you mean but then again we get results from higher end players that other teams dont. Especially certain dmen we changed over the years. Dupuis. Cooke. Talbot. Guerin/Recchi/Gonchar...when they were older. Same as Fedotenko, Sykora, Satan

Imagine the Oilers trying to get anything out of any of them. Itd still be just Drai and McD on same line with the other 10 forwards skating around blindfolded and ending up ruining their development. They didnt care about Pulijujarvi. And Yaimmamoto is next

That FO makes no sense.
Doess McD plan on staying in edmonton?

I mean, at 12.5mil per, he will be there until there is a major league shattering blockbuster style trade where he is moved to become the new face-of-the-franchise player. Posters here know which teams would be in a position to make that kind of move and I'm not one of them.

I mean, does he plan on staying there past 5 years at least.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Should have accepted the trade to Minny for Zucker mr Kessel sir. Imagine a Zucker-Malkin-Rust line. Speed and defensivly responsible.

I'd feel really bad for Minnesota and Guerin if that trade went through. Zucker's really good and he's having a good year, they would have downgraded on Zucker if that trade would have gone through.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I hate the Caps....

Pearson also has a few empty meters. But yea, again, the Pens injuries are sad.

Reactions: Andy99

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Dan Rosen’s latest article only reaffirms how flawed the selection process is for the ASG. He had to leave a player like Barkov off to make room for a player from Detroit. Yes, Detroit...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Compared to the new stars, it’s weird to think how “old school” Sid and Geno are already. They both got dirty and physical all the time and both dealt with way more dirty stuff. Just came to my head watching Toronto. Their stars are so emotionless compared to guys like Crosby and Malkin. Even McDavid is a bit more cerebral, attracts less attention in that way.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Compared to the new stars, it’s weird to think how “old school” Sid and Geno are already. They both got dirty and physical all the time and both dealt with way more dirty stuff. Just came to my head watching Toronto. Their stars are so emotionless compared to guys like Crosby and Malkin. Even McDavid is a bit more cerebral, attracts less attention in that way.

They both play with passion and heart...we won’t know how lucky we were to watch them until they’re gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad