Around the NHL - All The NHL News That's Fit (or Not) To Print

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
F the Oilers, let's go Buffalo

Edmonton would match and have one year before mcdavids deal kicks in to find a good trade destination.

Query whether draisatl could be moved at that price tag, but they wouldn't be hamstrung immediately.

I'd like to see Montreal try, they also have the space and the need.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
These guys are idiots. There's a cap. You're collectively getting your full value. Shifting more of the pie towards one player doesn't grow the pie.

Full value would be every team spending 100% to the cap.

And remember, there are 31 teams now. So there's 75M of "new" capspace available. NHLers contracts are pretty iron clad with the only out via buyout, which is also player friendly (Once they are over 26).

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Edmonton would match and have one year before mcdavids deal kicks in to find a good trade destination.

Query whether draisatl could be moved at that price tag, but they wouldn't be hamstrung immediately.

I'd like to see Montreal try, they also have the space and the need.

It'd be stupid. We should've taken 4 1sts instead of Vanek.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I think 9.8 is only 2 firsts a second and a third. Do it all day.

Not worth it. I get the "F the Oilers" mentality, but you guys can't be serious.
Offer sheet another forward?? Lose 4 picks?? Omg, why.

One of the most valuable assets in a cap system is a player who can step in on their entry level deals. When this team is a contender and the core is in their prime, we need these picks over the next few years to step in for cheap.

Draisaitl is good yes, I agree. But not a need, not at that cost.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Botts seems like Mr Nice Guy, doubt he puts in a predatory offer sheet. If he thought he had a chance to nab a good player for cheap -- yeah. But top end talent, I doubt it from him.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Botts seems like Mr Nice Guy, doubt he puts in a predatory offer sheet. If he thought he had a chance to nab a good player for cheap -- yeah. But top end talent, I doubt it from him.

I don't see the player, the space, or the fit from Buffalo even if Botts was a shark.

I'd love to see Montreal get their 1C though. They can fit Drai this year and have some salary coming off next year when price is up for a contract.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I don't see the player, the space, or the fit from Buffalo even if Botts was a shark.

I'd love to see Montreal get their 1C though. They can fit Drai this year and have some salary coming off next year when price is up for a contract.

Why would you love it - they are in our division, the ******** they are the better for us...I love seeing them fail year after year until the wheels come off and they are due a rebuild. They are not far off right now.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Draisaitl is not worth that much once he leaves McDavids side.

What were the stats on their production together and apart? Thought he came out looking pretty good.

And no one is "worth" what it would cost to get them in anoffersheet. It's the kind of thing teams do when they have no other viable path to get that kind of player and need it badly enough.

I could see MTL taking a swing, although I could also see EDM matching and just taking a year to figure out what they want to do before it hurts them.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
If Vegas didn't acquire a bunch of useless picks in order to let teams off the hook they could've offersheeted and instantly acquired a star player and gone for a run.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
The real takeaway here is that we're gonna regret not signing Girgensons to 2.5x5 when he breaks out with 90 pens next year.

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
It'd be stupid. We should've taken 4 1sts instead of Vanek.
I believe it was 5 first rounders and as much as I wanted them to do this, after losing Drury and Briere, they kind of had no choice but to match.:cry:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I believe it was 5 first rounders and as much as I wanted them to do this, after losing Drury and Briere, they kind of had no choice but to match.:cry:

It was four firsts, for certain. Hindsight is 20/20 but at the time, Buffalo fans would have flayed Regier alive if he hadn't matched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad