Around The NHL #9 - The Meat Market is Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know you're a stubborn ol' sum buck Jakey, but I think if you sit back and take a look with an open mind, you'll see: You have to play the odds, his size and style of play make him more ripe for injury. He's also 25 and aging. Not to mention BA got a 9OA for him.
I know, I'm a sucker for feel good story. Garland drafted by the Yotes, big underdog to even make the NHL, to become an excellent player that gave his heart and soul to this team. That's the kind of player you win with, same as a guy like Yandle. In three or four year the kid we got 9OA might make us forget about Garland, or .....not.:) Like always, time will tell.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
On D, OEL is still top pairing, on D Ghost is bottom pairing, its not close. On O its close.
To be honest I think Ghost for $1 mil. is a steal, but I haven't watched him the last few years and was a bit surprised that he was put on and cleared waivers.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One A level piece for Kuemper, retained or not

Two A level pieces for Kuemper and tacking back that trash can Koskinen

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
If Vegas thinks they’re going to get Eichel to quell the angry mob that wants to skin the front office….

What's great about this is it helps make Buffalo better now and especially in two seasons. Seattle looks to be in the bottom five with us and Buffalo, Anaheim and Detroit. Let's watch some of those teams start pulling out from that bottom race.

One A level piece for Kuemper, retained or not

Two A level pieces for Kuemper and tacking back that trash can Koskinen

Bouchard, Broberg, Bear or Holloway obviously would be amazing. Add picks to balance out the likes of Bear. If BA can pull something like this off it will be vuvuzela in ass time.

Landeskog….. 8x$7M AAV

Love that by the time we can compete in the division this could look as bad as the OEL contract. Glad they kept him, going to anchor them at some point. Should have signed Bunting so 3x2m and see how he reacts to playing in those top lines, or hell Hymen for 4x5m.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ken Holland is extremely conservative and dumb. I don't see him giving up a top prospect for a goalie he desperately needs. I'd love to be wrong.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Ken Holland is extremely conservative and dumb. I don't see him giving up a top prospect for a goalie he desperately needs. I'd love to be wrong.

I'm not convinced Bouchard is considered a top prospect to him. Nor would Bear + a 1st or 2nd. Agreed that Holloway and Broberg are probably off the table however.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
How should I feel about TML pencilling in Bunting on their top line?

I'm thinking a mix of hilarity and empathy, but am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad