Around The NHL #9 - The Meat Market is Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Lots of NFL players have had this surgery.

I still play Jakey and have had many collisions since the surgery, neck hasn't been this good in over 40 years! I also researched the hell out of the procedure, folks that have been in violent car accidents didn't have the discs move on them. You may be skeptical, but I'm sure as shit not. Besides, it's Jacks body, not Buffalo's.
I'm skeptical of all surgeries. Glad it's not me.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
31 thoughts podcast did a really informative podcast with surgeon who Eichel consulted with. This surgeon has done thousands of these and many on professional athletes.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
31 thoughts podcast did a really informative podcast with surgeon who Eichel consulted with. This surgeon has done thousands of these and many on professional athletes.
Yep, I'm telling ya, it's a none issue. My surgeon was one of the pioneers of this, find the right guy (there are many) and go for it. Buffalo is foolish.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yep, I'm telling ya, it's a none issue. My surgeon was one of the pioneers of this, find the right guy (there are many) and go for it. Buffalo is foolish.
I'm not arguing with you. I agree it would go very well but there is a risk to every surgery. Apparently there is enough risk that Eichel has chosen not to just do it with Sabre's permission .

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
One of the takeaways from the 31 thoughts was that 25% of fusion patients need a further surgery within 10 years. For the disk replacement its around 5%. The Doctor was Dr Chad Prusmack

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm not arguing with you. I agree it would go very well but there is a risk to every surgery. Apparently there is enough risk that Eichel has chosen not to just do it with Sabre's permission .
I'm confused, I thought Eichel was a go and the Sabres were the holdback?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm confused, I thought Eichel was a go and the Sabres were the holdback?
That is correct. But Eichel is a free man who can make his own choice, the Sabres can only penalize him for making that choice. If he is that confident, get himself fixed and then deal with punishment. Highly likely only a suspension when surgery is successful. However if he can't play again it's likely his contract is voided.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That is correct. But Eichel is a free man who can make his own choice, the Sabres can only penalize him for making that choice. If he is that confident, get himself fixed and then deal with punishment. Highly likely only a suspension when surgery is successful. However if he can't play again it's likely his contract is voided.
There has to be more to it. Jack seems confident in the surgery. He would (barring any almost impossible disaster) be able to play again. There has to be an issue in that something happening down the road creates a problem. Per the stats, he has less chance of any such issue with the ADR than the fusion. This is the same as what I found. I had three levels that needed correction and in the states approval is for a maximum of two levels (not so in Europe and other countries), so I had the lowest level fused, having decided not to go to Germany for a three level ADR.

Edit: seems Buffalo is strong arming him.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There has to be more to it. Jack seems confident in the surgery. He would (barring any almost impossible disaster) be able to play again. There has to be an issue in that something happening down the road creates a problem. Per the stats, he has less chance of any such issue with the ADR than the fusion. This is the same as what I found. I had three levels that needed correction and in the states approval is for a maximum of two levels (not so in Europe and other countries), so I had the lowest level fused, having decided not to go to Germany for a three level ADR.

Edit: seems Buffalo is strong arming him.
It really sounds like it is that simple. Also really easy for us to say just do it but the remaining $50 million on his contract has to weigh into decision.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Exerpt from a John Vogel article in the Athletic yesterday:

BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Sabres are wrong.
Oh, sure, they’ve got the collective bargaining agreement on their side. One of Buffalo’s best orthopedic surgeons backs them, too.
But they’re flat-out wrong in their treatment of Jack Eichel. They’re denying him a basic human right to decide what’s best for his body. They’re holding his career hostage. Despite words to the contrary, they’re thinking about the player first and the person second.

It’s a good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad