Around The NHL #9 - The Meat Market is Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Many come back from a hand fracture. He didn’t like taking hits and wasn’t willing to take a hit to make a play. That’s not fear, that’s a choice. No one at his level is afraid to take a hit. To the Petlini’s of the world, it’s just not worth it.

I broke my left foot sparring, so it’s not like I don’t understand injury.

He lost 3 months development time during a season. He was also a sniper…. not a mugger. Any injury to the hand affects you long afterwards if dexterity is important. I’m left handed and after getting a broken wrist some 40 years ago I still don’t have full movement.

Worst of all though was he was stuck in our illustrious development program.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Wonder what this does for the Georgiev's availability. They have 8m tied up between the two goalies. I still imagine we are trying to find a way to add Koskenin for picks before going to plan B which may be Dubnyk or spending assets to get a more long term option like Georgiev.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I’m here to say that Karel Vejmelka is going to shock the world and become a top notch starter. :)

This is based on literally nothing. But don’t let that get you down. All of my tales are based on nothing. Lol.

That would be a nice surprise. He's the right size and the right age for a goalie to break into the NHL. Good numbers, but nothing against anything close to NHL level talent.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
First hockey game I ever attended was in Chicago in the mid 70s. My dad bought me this poster and it's still hanging in my garage today. RIP Tony Esposito.

IMG_20210810_181721053.jpg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

so hilarious

Toward the beginning of that interview when they’re talking about his quest to be an exec he talked about his interview experiences. Some positive, some negative. But he seemed to be referencing one in particular that he got really bad vibes from. And especially from an owners family member who didn’t know about hockey. Freaked me out that he was talking about us. Does anyone know if he actually interviewed here? I’m hoping it was Buffalo he was talking about and not us.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can’t find anything about Weekes interviewing with us. He was apparently on the short list in Pittsburgh (they went with Hextall) and in Florida (Zito - BA was runner-up) but I don’t see mention of the Coyotes and Weekes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Wonder where Tuukka Rask is going to end up.

He is having hip surgery, and I don't think he will be back until 2022. My guess is that he will either sign with some playoff team whose goalie gets injured halfway through the season, otherwise Europe. That is assuming the surgery is successful and is able to recover this season.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Just to refresh the board a little.

Zadarov signed a one year deal with the Flames. I wouldn't mind overpaying him a little next offseason with our soon to be 50m in cap space. Going to be interesting to see how quickly BA can start turning the ship. It will take some smart signings with all of that cap.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad