Around The NHL #9 - The Meat Market is Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We all know wingers are the easiest to replace, but not wingers with .80 P/PG making him 16th best producing RW in the NHL, on a team that can't score, and a player that led by example, and literally bleed Coyote red, and played his heart out every shift. These players are not easy to find, let alone replace. All I hear is his body won't stand up, or he will get injured, which is true not only for Garland but for any player.
I know you're a stubborn ol' sum buck Jakey, but I think if you sit back and take a look with an open mind, you'll see: You have to play the odds, his size and style of play make him more ripe for injury. He's also 25 and aging. Not to mention BA got a 9OA for him.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
^ could Chicago be in the market for Kuemper? If they could fit 7m for MAF, surely they can fit 4.5m for Kuemper. Only question is if they even have any assets left. Lol. Or are they all gone by now?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
^ could Chicago be in the market for Kuemper? If they could fit 7m for MAF, surely they can fit 4.5m for Kuemper. Only question is if they even have any assets left. Lol. Or are they all gone by now?

Sure feels like they would have to go UFA. Sure feels.they are going all in too. They may outbid CO on Grubauer.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I bet MAF doesn't play in Chicago. I bet CHI outbids CO on Grubauer. I bet BA tells CO that he likes what TOR or EDM are offering but if Newhook is included he would go with them. Oh and we are going to need an additional 7th.

If this happens, the goalie market gets really tight for the three cup contenders without world beaters in front of the net.

Reactions: Coyotes19c

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fluery probably wants his deal extended.

rt

May 13, 2004
Nate Schmidt to WPG for a 3rd. Jets did a good job fixing up that blueline that let them down a bit. Should be a tough team. Which division are they in again?

Also, OEL and Schmidt are a wash, IMO. I don't think Vancouver has gained anything by going from Schmidt to OEL other than a couple of mil in aav. Meanwhile, I don't think we've lost a whole lot in going from OEL to Gostisbehere, other than a few aav. I think both OEL and Schmidt are better defensemen than Gostisbehere, but not that much.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Nate Schmidt to WPG for a 3rd. Jets did a good job fixing up that blueline that let them down a bit. Should be a tough team. Which division are they in again?

Also, OEL and Schmidt are a wash, IMO. I don't think Vancouver has gained anything by going from Schmidt to OEL other than a couple of mil in aav. Meanwhile, I don't think we've lost a whole lot in going from OEL to Gostisbehere, other than a few aav. I think both OEL and Schmidt are better defensemen than Gostisbehere, but not that much.
Wow. I guess Schmidt had a change of heart at the last minute. To the Night’s Watch with you!

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

rt

May 13, 2004
Dang. Boston got really good discounts on Hall and Reilly. What's up in goal for them? They could go on one last run, if they have a goalie. Do they have one? Kuemper with retention for Studnicka?

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

cobra427

May 6, 2012

On D, OEL is still top pairing, on D Ghost is bottom pairing, its not close. On O its close.

rt

May 13, 2004
Looks like Montour is staying in Florida. Stralman, Kolyachonok and a 2nd is a steep price to pay for Brandon Montour. Maybe he’s buds with Reinhart or something? I’m not terribly impressed with Montour.

rt

May 13, 2004
Just more numbers. Say what you want about them but the percentage metrics are all slightly favorable to Ghost apart from On Ice Sv% and Off Zone Start %. And that’s over the last three years, combined.

Again, just saying I don’t think what we were getting from OEL and what we will get from Ghost is too terribly far apart.

And I expect Stralman to be a lot better than Demers.

I wonder who we’ll sign to replace Goligoski but our blueline may not actually be worse.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Just more numbers. Say what you want about them but the percentage metrics are all slightly favorable to Ghost apart from On Ice Sv% and Off Zone Start %. And that’s over the last three years.

Flyers were the 4th worst team in GA/60 over that 3 year span. Just awful goaltending. Coyotes were, by some miracle, 12th best. In that context, those numbers are brutal for OEL. If you change to rates and change to the most recent year, it only jumps out more. I know who I'd rather have for half the cap it.

Of particular note are the HDGA/60, xGA/60 numbers and the On Ice Sv% numbers. Again, because the Flyers basically had the two worst goalies in the league, while the Coyotes have had some of the best.

Gost had a really bad 19-20 and Fletcher got caught up in the moment of trading a great pick for Risto.

The Coyotes are paying Ghost $1m in salary this year vs 10.5m for OEL.

Reactions: Grimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad