Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sharks lose Erik Karlsson for the season (surgery on broken thumb). Also lose Evander Kane for three games (suspended by the league.)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
In his defense, he didn't say he deserve a suspension. He said Parros and the NHL hand out suspensions willy-nilly. And he's right.
I think he's a meathead and deserves a suspension, but Chara, for example, cross checks a guy in the throat and gets a small fine.
"No one person can tell you what is or isn't a suspension in today's game. It's a complete guess."
Doesn't that basically echo every fan and athlete complaint in the last decade or two?
He has to know he's in for additional punishment for pointing out the obvious, but on the brightside, the NHL wheel of justice will be in the news again.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Life isn’t fair.... it’s like getting pulled over for going 90 in a 70mph zone and bitching about the ones who got away with going 80.

He could have taken the grievance to the PA but instead he went grandstanding on social media and comes off looking like an ass.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We already know he's an ass. I just don't think this is scandalous.

It's also more akin to getting pulled over for exceeding AZ's "reasonable and prudent" speed limit on an unmarked stretch of highway. And then going to court where they hand out fines and jail time seemingly at random -- where the judge rules circumstances more or less "reasonable" than the other with zero consistency.

Everybody getting disciplined by the NHL is allowed to be irritated at those inconsistencies, imo. Doesn't mean he did not earn a suspension.

He'll get additional discipline for pointing it out.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Right. It's totally random. It's not whining to point out how horribly inconsistent the disciplinary office is.

That doesn't mean Kane should get less punishment. It means they should fix the damn system.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Remember over the years how many cheap Brown hits we got the chance to watch, yet it was always said he had no history with DOPS. Well how the heck do you get history when for some folks they are always willing to look the other way??

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Glad to see Evander resort to the same logic my 8 year old used when she got in trouble.

worry about yourself and don’t do stupid ****.
I would love to have Evander on the Yotes. You don't think our chicken s--- don't touch me players wouldn't grow a foot with him on their line knowing they have someone watching their back. I would take Evander over any forward we have not named Hall. He has his warts, but so does our figure skaters.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Evander Kane has always played the victim card. Tell him to take out his money phone and call someone who cares.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Biz needs to learn there are times when you just are better off letting that sort of junk slide and let the other guy fall onto his own spear.

Reactions: MIG

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Biz needs to learn there are times when you just are better off letting that sort of junk slide and let the other guy fall onto his own spear.
Depends if you think that he’s continually taking swipes at you because he’s an actual racist.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Depends if you think that he’s continually taking swipes at you because he’s an actual racist.

I took a lot of crap growing up, including some that was not so nice. Learned not let it get to me and by the end of high school the ones who did all the shoveling gave up.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I took a lot of crap growing up, including some that was not so nice. Learned not let it get to me and by the end of high school the ones who did all the shoveling gave up.
Oh i don't disagree with that philosophy. I just have seen the numerous slights that Bisonnete has overlooked thes past few months all while offering and even at times providing Carcillo a platform to talk about his issues. Enough was apparently enough tonight. Maybe Bisonette accepted an apology for racist behaviour but it doesn't mean he has to give Carcillo permission to crap on everything he has built since he retired. Maybe Carcillo is racist. Maybe he's not. I now know to read his comments and wonder why he seems to target certain people more than others.

Reactions: TheLegend

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm betting he was that way before the head knocks. The head knocks just broke off the filter. Only coyote I've never liked; knew I was right about him.

Yeah he was always a scumbag. All he does now is spend his days on twitter throwing former teammates under the bus. He genuinely needs some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad