Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I almost kind of wanted Vegas because God I hate the Knights and I want to beat them. But I'm ok and still excited for Colorado. Could be the launching point for a real fun rivalry in the next few years once we move to the Central. Them being good could push us to a new level.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Agreed. I’m really hoping this is a hard fought series with lots of bad-blood both ways, and it goes at least 6 games.

You could almost say it's the perfect measuring stick for management.

They won't see it that way, probably.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Worked out well for us today. Won’t be easy but we can take COL. Good team play almost always trumps star players...just ask EDM. We were also the least penalized team in the league in the regular season. If we can get back to that level of discipline it’s another layer of protection against Mackinnon and Rantanen.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Keys to winning the series:

1. Kuemps maintains MVP status
2. Limit penalties as much as possible
3. Defensemen and centers have to be dialed in and crank it up a notch
4. Special teams dialed in
5. Timely goals from Hall/Kessel/Keller/Garland

Numbers 1-3 key to minimize damage from Mack/Rantanen

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Worked out well for us today. Won’t be easy but we can take COL. Good team play almost always trumps star players...just ask EDM. We were also the least penalized team in the league in the regular season. If we can get back to that level of discipline it’s another layer of protection against Mackinnon and Rantanen.
Avs PP scoring was actually less impressive than their overall scoring. Their PP% was actually ranked behind ours during the regular season. Still, discipline is good. Especially if we can annoy them into losing theirs like we did to Nashville. When the Preds got frustrated, they made mistakes and it cost them. Hopefully Colorado can be similarly rattled.

Avs were tied for 1st in the NHL with TBL for 5v5 GF/gp this season. Yikes. Then again, Nashville was ranked 3rd in the West in that category. We made it out alive.

Last edited:

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Avs with a very skilled and fast team, a young roster that can also make mistakes, particularly at the back.

It will probably be a counter punching strategy for us, trying to absorb their offense whilst capitalising on the chances given. Kuemper absolutely essential as always.

A natural way to play of us anyway.

Should be a fascinating series. Can't wait.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
We have to have a maintained forecheck and clean break outs. We do, we win the series: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad