Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think that hurts more than any 2 players being out on our roster, other than goal tending.
Yup, but DT is a veteran coach, so let's see if he can keep them in the playoff race. They had a winning record with out McDavid.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
I'm not sure I call losing the Conference Final on a cheap shot that should have been a penalty, delivered by a member of our most hated rival, evidence of the hockey gods "liking us." :D
I was thinking that the gods made the two Russians go to Old Town get drunk and be suspended for game three.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I feel as though the returns on Scandella and Demelo were flipped. Great trade by Bergevin, though.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I was thinking that the gods made the two Russians go to Old Town get drunk and be suspended for game three.

That's where I'm at, no matter how much or little success Radulov has with the Stars or elsewhere, I'll always thank him for making a couple of bad decisions. (my lingering memory of that series will always be sitting behind Smith as he tried for the empty net at the other end juuuust missed)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
From Friedge's 31 Thoughts column:

16. Carolina’s outdoor game will continue the trend into locales no one would have considered years ago. Arizona is pushing for a game in Mexico City. Years ago, I asked Bettman if he would put a game in Florida and he said he’d like to, but the humidity was a big concern. I think they’re going to see if they can do it. Edmonton is runaway leader for next Canadian game in fall of 2021.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
Anyone have a fancy metric that predicts # of points to get into playoffs? My gut is saying somewhere between 93-96.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Jersey seems to be selling everything that isn't nailed down. I sure would like to acquire Miles Wood. This team needs toughness. Sam Bennett is another I'd really like but can't see Calgary dealing him in-division. Klim Kostin from St Louis would be good, too. I just want another guy with some size, some toughness, and the ability to play a little. A second Crouse, basically.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Matthews scores his league leading 43rd goal tonight. Makes me both happy and sad.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Anyone else want to see the Leafs miss the playoffs? Or just me?

Whatever will increase the chances of Matthews coming here, yes. Hard to imagine the 50+ goals he scores this season was the reason the Leads would miss the playoffs though.

Reactions: SR

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The Laughs have the same soft team as the Coyotes with the same overrated GMs, both will miss.

At least they score goals. Third highest in league. When is the last time the Yotes had a high powered offense?

Of course, one Leaf has as many goals as Keller, Kessel, Stepan, and Schmaltz combined.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
At least they score goals. Third highest in league. When is the last time the Yotes had a high powered offense?

Of course, one Leaf has as many goals as Keller, Kessel, Stepan, and Schmaltz combined.

Yeah, but I watched their game against the Penguins on Tuesday night, and all the goals in the world aren't going to help a team that quits on defense.

On one particular play, the Penguins tried to ice the puck under pressure. As the puck crossed the Leafs' blue line, a Penguins player chased after it. He was all alone. A few seconds later, two other Pens had surrounded the net and Pittsburgh scored a goal. Watching the ensuing replay from a reverse angle, you could see the Pens guy skating hard, but not all-out... and you could see the entire Maple Leafs team in the other end just watching him. Not even bothering to chase. I thought they were going for a line change at first but the only Leaf making his way back to his own zone was Auston Matthews and he coasted past the bench standing straight up.

I thought for a second I was watching an NBA game.

The Loafs, indeed.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, but I watched their game against the Penguins on Tuesday night, and all the goals in the world aren't going to help a team that quits on defense.

On one particular play, the Penguins tried to ice the puck under pressure. As the puck crossed the Leafs' blue line, a Penguins player chased after it. He was all alone. A few seconds later, two other Pens had surrounded the net and Pittsburgh scored a goal. Watching the ensuing replay from a reverse angle, you could see the Pens guy skating hard, but not all-out... and you could see the entire Maple Leafs team in the other end just watching him. Not even bothering to chase. I thought they were going for a line change at first but the only Leaf making his way back to his own zone was Auston Matthews and he coasted past the bench standing straight up.

I thought for a second I was watching an NBA game.

The Loafs, indeed.

I'll trade our best dman AND goalie for their best forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad