Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Face-Offs per game

Toews: 21
Stepan: 17
Dvorak: 13
Richardson: 11
Carpenter: 10
D. Strome: 10
Soderberg: 9
Kampf: 9
N. Schmaltz: 5
Smith: 4

It looks like Strome is getting a lot of shifts at wing, too, by the looks of it. Only 10 FOs per GP this season. Really not much at all. That would be good for 4th on Dallas or 4th on Vegas, as examples of what other, more typical WC teams do. Given that's he's 4th among forwards in TOI/GP in Chicago, I have to think that means he's just lining up as a winger on draws a lot of the time.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Kirby Dach and a concussion. Plus some hard decisions to make this offseason re: contract extensions and cap, so you guys can hate on him some more when/if he gets traded to open up cap.
I would have bet large at the start of the season that Strome’s next contract was going to be at a higher # than Schmaltz.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I would have bet large at the start of the season that Strome’s next contract was going to be at a higher # than Schmaltz.
I would have bet he would be traded before the Hawks signed him to a large contract when a cheaper better version arrived.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Florida dressed 8 defensemen tonight against New Jersey. Two are playing wing on the fourth line and five Dmen started the game.

This is not a drill.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Strome had the concussion and then got injured right after he came back from that. Before the concussion he was second on the team in points behind Kane. Now he can't get healthy. If that continues the rest of the year, it should lower his number. I'd bet he winds up taking less on a shorter term to have a chance at a better negotiating position once healthy.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Since he's not seriously hurt I can cringe at his 3 pts in 31 games.

upload_2020-2-11_20-20-8.png

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That's not a fair assessment. 1 point since January 1st is misleading. The Hawks have played 14 games in that span, but Strome missed 7 of them with injury.

A more representative sample would be the 14 games he played for the Hawks just BEFORE his ankle injury. He had 10pts in those 14gp, which is 0.71ppg.

Strome's '19-'20 YTD PPG is 0.68. Schmaltz's '19-'20 YTD PPG is 0.67. Both are disappointing.
Strome is sitting because of his poor play without the puck, has nothing to do with an injury. The Hawks are disappointed in Stromes play all year, if he isn't on the PP and/or playing with Kane, he doesn't produce. The Hawks are trying to win and make the playoffs this year, and can't have passengers like Strome in the line up. They have been trying to hide him at wing as well. Schmaltz while disappointing for his point production is a way better all around player than Strome without the puck.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Brendan Perlini took a skate to the face on Tuesday night. Took a few stitches to close the wound. Gets his first goal of the year on Sunday only to get cut on Tuesday. Tough break but the kid is taking it like a champ.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Kings beat Calgary last night.

Games to watch tonight
STL vs Vegas
ANA vs Calgary
NYI vs NSH
NYR vs MIN (not too worried about them but a loss helps)
TBL vs EDM

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Kings beat Calgary last night.

Games to watch tonight
STL vs Vegas
ANA vs Calgary
NYI vs NSH
NYR vs MIN (not too worried about them but a loss helps)
TBL vs EDM
The Flames might be the biggest Jekyll and Hyde team in the League.

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad