Around the NHL #3 - Straight Cash Homey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Oh man this is great...keep it coming guys!

wp-image-658194475.png

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

I still miss both of these guys as well, but damn is Domi a competitor. Didn't even look like a joking jab, he looked genuinely pissed at Duclair for taking advantage of his mishap.

I remember he did this to Connor Murphy as well. It was the first time he had played against Connor since he was traded to the Blackhawks and he got into a pretty heated scrum with him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m pissed Goligoski isn’t on waivers
I hope you are kidding. I'm all for getting rid of Gogo in a trade, but waivers, no way. Look at our LD. After OEL it's not very good, but at least Gogo is good on the PK and can block shots. Chick has not taken that next step as of yet, so we still need Gogo.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Another ex Coyote doing good...Jordan Martinook named alternate captain in Carolina.

Fixed it. :nod:

Good for him. Loved the guy.

Also, Weal seems to do very good with the Habs, not letter-good, but still. , he was underrated with the Yotes. By me too, by all means.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Nah Weal just sucked here. That he stopped sucking somewhere else is good for him but he had to go. Dvorak needed a roster spot.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oh man this is great...keep it coming guys!

wp-image-658194475.png
What happened to either your short term memory, reading comprehension or both? Is it too difficult for you to understand that context exists and there isn’t a binary answer on job performance or fit? Tippett was fired at least one season too late in Phoenix and was hurting the team by the end of his reign. He’s a great hire for Edmonton. Dave Tippett was an excellent hire by the Coyotes too. They were very, very, very stupid to give him a contract extension instead of a termination. But it was a brilliant hire to begin with. The same thing s we’ve always said about Tippett we are still saying. He was a great hire for Arizona. They hung onto him too long. He’s a great hire for Edmonton. They need to make sure they don’t hang onto him too long. How is that difficult to understand?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
What some have lost sight of is the turmoil encompassing the off ice part of the Coyotes. It would have been hard to find a quality experienced head coach. Same thing happened when Tocchet was hired. There were very good coaches available IIRC. I can’t remember who at the moment but that was my thought when Tocchet was hired.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
What happened to either your short term memory, reading comprehension or both? Is it too difficult for you to understand that context exists and there isn’t a binary answer on job performance or fit? Tippett was fired at least one season too late in Phoenix and was hurting the team by the end of his reign. He’s a great hire for Edmonton. Dave Tippett was an excellent hire by the Coyotes too. They were very, very, very stupid to give him a contract extension instead of a termination. But it was a brilliant hire to begin with. The same thing s we’ve always said about Tippett we are still saying. He was a great hire for Arizona. They hung onto him too long. He’s a great hire for Edmonton. They need to make sure they don’t hang onto him too long. How is that difficult to understand?
A reasonable and nuanced opinion is not difficult to understand but considering it represents about .001% of the posts regarding Tippet it's apparently extremely difficult to actually express. It's nice whenever you decide to try one on though, the fit is superb.

Last edited:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I wasn't happy to see Nook go so I obviously wish he were still here. But the others, I honestly can't even remember them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad