Around the NHL #3 - Straight Cash Homey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
All this praise for how Vegas does things, but man, Suzuki + Tatar + 2nd for Pacioretty is looking AWFUL for them. Suzuki just destroyed the OHL and Tatar even outscored Pacioretty this season.

Reactions: Name Nameless

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
All this praise for how Vegas does things, but man, Suzuki + Tatar + 2nd for Pacioretty is looking AWFUL for them. Suzuki just destroyed the OHL and Tatar even outscored Pacioretty this season.

2 for 2 in making the playoffs. No other team is 100%. :D

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Krueger named head coach in Buffalo. So it's likely Edmonton or bust (or Seattle) for Mr. Tippett.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think this is a mistake and it's going to cost Botterill his job in a year. I'd have to see a list of considerations, but my pick would not have been Krueger.

Maybe he's a great hockey mind but 2 years as an associate and 1 year as a head (when he finished under .500) since 1993? That's Barry Melrose territory. I also don't place much weight on the WC performance. Besides I think that was more Jaro Halak than Krueger.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Hitchcock just finished under .500 with that org and he had McDavid and Drai. Kreuger was there when they had RNH at the top, Gagner, Horcoff, and Belanger below.

I don't know that he'll be an amazing coach, but I find it hard to dismiss a guy based on one year with a crap show org in the lockout shortened season.

Regardless, he's brilliant. I'm always impressed with him. I'd hire him as a voice in the room if nothing else. Somebody to bounce ideas off of.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I was already going for the Blues but the amount of calls going in SJ's favor this playoff is unbelievable. I hope they crash and burn.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
MacT is out in Edmonton. Not sure if he got canned, but he's becoming a coach in the KHL.

Nice start for Ken Holland. MacT is a career loser. I wouldn't trust that guy to drive me home, let alone make hockey decisions.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
MacT is out in Edmonton. Not sure if he got canned, but he's becoming a coach in the KHL.

Nice start for Ken Holland. MacT is a career loser. I wouldn't trust that guy to drive me home, let alone make hockey decisions.
Thought he was okay as a coach. Not great as a GM. Scary thing was of the Edmonton Ol Boys Club, I trust him before Lowe who is still in the room.
Regardless, hopefully this is a move toward pushing those guys out of exec positions and getting competent people involved.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Going to check out the Oiler board and see if they are exchanging gifts and offering thanksgiving sacrifices...

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The 4 refs and linesmen from last night's STL/SJ game will not work the rest of the playoffs. Good.

Eight eyeballs on the ice and nobody sees that hand pass. Where were they looking? Unbelievable.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
The 4 refs and linesmen from last night's STL/SJ game will not work the rest of the playoffs. Good.

Eight eyeballs on the ice and nobody sees that hand pass. Where were they looking? Unbelievable.
Didn't four other officials lose playoff work from another series in the semifinals? Or did I dream that?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Didn't four other officials lose playoff work from another series in the semifinals? Or did I dream that?

I think the crew that botched the Vegas/San Jose game 7 got an earlier summer vacation too.

Yes.... that crew included Dan O’Hallaron who has the most playoff games of all the officials. He’s retiring at the end of next season.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There's been some brutal calls. The Landeskog offside is up there too. I know he was technically offside, but he was going for a line change. That takes that rule too far.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
BTW, it was Timo Meier who did the hand pass. An illegal play, not reviewable, but still legal enough to credit him with an assist on the play??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad