Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
He's playing injured and trying to manage his game. It sunk them last year against FLA too. But let's see what he can do

What's the evidence for this? Not trying to be belligerent, a genuine question. Other than the fact that Charlie's generally struggling a bit, what are the tells that he's battling something? Will freely admit I haven't seen anything specific. No rumours either, as far as I know.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Expecting him to go with Tkachuk at the start of the game Friday
Tkachuk wont do it. He's happier drawing a penalty and getting under their skin.

I’m a Bruins player I want to destroy Matt Tkachuk one way or another - clean, dirty, as the saying goes focus on the end result not the how
Keep thinking of the mic'd up Marchand telling Marner "you're going to get it, just you wait" and boy howdy is Marner getting it now.

Reactions: CDJ

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Bruins looked great in the first, could definitely have been a different game if they had scored on those opportunities. A split in Florida in the 2nd round is excellent for a team nowhere near the calibre of last year's Bruins.

Bob hasn't looked good at all but once again, they have to shoot the puck.

I don't think this game phased Sway at all, wouldn't be surprised if he shuts them out tomorrow and is a wee bit feisty :cool:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The Panthers are more Bruins than the Bruins.
I'm not saying the Bs suc, just that the Panthers are better at the style the Bruins used to be.

That being said, a 1-1 record is great.
That version of the bruins was eager to fight. This version of the panthers is eager to annoy. There's a reason last night saw only one fighting major and it wasn't a reluctance on Bostons side

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tkachuk can have his gloves surgically sewn on and his mouth guard Gorilla glued to his mouth - Whoopie shit. He’s still standing or skating around and I got a stick and can skate 20 mph would be my mindset.

He’s a freaking target

You can win the game and take him out at the same time

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Panthers are more Bruins than the Bruins.
I'm not saying the Bs suc, just that the Panthers are better at the style the Bruins used to be.

That being said, a 1-1 record is great.
Please

We went thru the entire Panthers lineup which guy you would be afraid to fight

Dirty - yes they got a bunch of dirty cheap pricks led by Tkachuk but he’s not tough he’s opportunistic and picks his prey

His old man was a great player but he wasn’t getting into BU without his skates

Matt is the ultimate spot picker

They way to play him was how Vegas did it - they targeted him in open Ice

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
If Matthew Tkachuk and Brandon Montour both fell down a massive flight of stairs, I’d be more worried about the well-being of the flight of stairs.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Tkachuk can have his gloves surgically sewn on and his mouth guard Gorilla glued to his mouth - Whoopie shit. He’s still standing or skating around and I got a stick and can skate 20 mph would be my mindset.

He’s a freaking target

You can win the game and take him out at the same time
Justin Brazeau, Pat Maroon, Trent Frederic, Derek Forbort.........take notice, your one and only goal in game 3 should be to inject as much pain onto Tkachuk as humanly possible.

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd argue things started much earlier than that. And while they did ratchet up after he was gone, I suspect that had more to do with the scoreboard than with Maroon's absence.

We'll see why happens from here. But ask yourself the core question - why should the Panthers be afraid of this guy? On what grounds?
I don’t think afraid is the right word- they are/were disincentivized to do it while Maroon was out there though for sure. The game was over before Maroon was given the gate and they clearly waited until after to try to get really nasty with it. It’s just another layer they have to get through before getting to the skill guys, and it’s a layer that’s quite frankly tougher than anybody Florida iced last night

Last edited:

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Start Game 3 with too many men on the ice at opening faceoff and line brawl with us having the extra guy to hold Tkachuk while someone speedbags his ever so punchable face .....if we are going to get a too many men penalty eventually ...might as well be a good one. Seriously though ...we might be playing into their hands...love the emotion and hopefully it fires us up but we have to stick to OUR gameplan...not theirs

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Paul Maurice thought the Tkachuk-Pastrnak altercation was fantastic

So if his kid in a world of CTE awareness took two shots to the head when defenseless and down

f***ing weasel piece of shit
I would make sure he would need to make a comment on Barkov-Frederic after game 3. Problem is Florida is a bunch of p***yes who would never fight out of their weight class

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Line brawls pass

i want 60 minutes of sustained hard hitting in the panthers face

I personally would much rather get in a fight early and get it over with than having Marchand tell me on a face off ‘everyone is looking for 19 dude you are getting it the rest of the series’ and then continually get hit and sticked every shift

Monty message should be ‘play physical and clean and if 19 in the area finish him but don’t retaliate that’s his game - we are going to let him know’

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The next game is huge if you go back to Swayman.

A couple of chinks in the armor, but if I recall, Thomas got torched at least a couple times during the 2011 run.

The Slap Shot stuff plays into Florida’s hands, but the B’s cant completely turtle either.

Be nice if they could go a game or two without a too many men penalty.

Let’s see what happens!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would make sure he would need to make a comment on Barkov-Frederic after game 3. Problem is Florida is a bunch of p***yes who would never fight out of their weight class
You can hammer then without fighter - smoke them into the boards

Mike Richards targeted Krejci in 2010 he was just waiting / and regular season 0.0 happens but down 3 games he went after him

Anyone who has ever played hockey knows you will get opportunities to make solid contact - it takes a lot out of you and isn’t really sustainable but for a game or games absolutely can do

When Aaron Rome hit Horton he didn’t poke the bear, he kicked it in the balls and the Bruins lost their collective shit

They don’t have that team but they all can body check and play physical and having a detestable guy like Tkachuk you don’t need to pass around smelling salt to get up

My happiest playoff moment last season was seeing Tkachuk wrecked in the finals laying on the ice - he got what he deserved

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
I would go with Ullmark. It was good he saw some time tonight.
Yeah because he was excellent .800
Loved Pasta asking Montgomery if he could fight and then challenging Tkachuk
Love it too but maybe fight against someone who doesn't use you as punchback.
Good coach tells one of best goal scorers in NHL no.Breaks his hand your toast 4 sure
yeah, toast for sure. He's scored 3 out of 24 of our goals. Maybe he can even score PP goal so he can get second for his about 50 game drought. He was quite good in game one though.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I really want Monty to call out MacAvoy and the rest of our BEST defensman for turning the puck over needlessly. Chucky, Lindholm and Carlo were our worst players last night. Worst. They should be our best.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
The Panthers are a bunch of cowards, they have to goon it up, to win, in my mind that is the easy way out, the cheap way out!. It's semi-pro BS!
Pit the best vs the best and play hockey, to see who comes out on top!
Oh an the Panthers probably play ACDC "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt cheap" in the locker room, they are pond scum!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad