Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
2 Forbes articles/lists; scroll down for 2nd.

1. NHL Team Values 2020: Hockey’s First Decline In Two Decades

NHL Team Values 2020: Hockey’s First Decline In Two Decades

2. The NHL’s Most Valuable Teams 2020 (1-31)

TB @ #21 surprised me

• Value: $470 million
• 1-Year Change: 0%
• Owner: Jeffrey Vinik
• Operating Income: -$8.3 million

...11 teams (not including SEA) worth less than $500M. A Mega Power Ball winner could buy an NHL team, dreams can come true. :laugh: (or do the noble thing & give 95% to NPO's/registered charities).

What's more surprising to me is Forbes actually listing Stan Kroenke as the owner of the Aves.

I thought it would be his wife Ann listed, to get around the NFL's restrictions on owners having other teams in other markets.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Henrik Lundqvist opting out of NHL season due to heart condition...

upload_2020-12-17_13-10-51.png

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Henrik Lundqvist opting out of NHL season due to heart condition...

This sucks. It's no secret Lundqvist is my favorite goalie since he's come into the league. King Henrik is one of the best to ever suit up in goal. Easily my favorite to watch since the likes of Belfour and Hasek.

I was really excited to see what he could do in a tandem in Washington and I suspected he could "steal" the starting job for the playoffs. But I'm happy he's doing what's right for his health long-term.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This sucks. It's no secret Lundqvist is my favorite goalie since he's come into the league. King Henrik is one of the best to ever suit up in goal. Easily my favorite to watch since the likes of Belfour and Hasek.

I was really excited to see what he could do in a tandem in Washington and I suspected he could "steal" the starting job for the playoffs. But I'm happy he's doing what's right for his health long-term.
Yep, I agree, one of the all-time greats, carried the NYR for a long time, back when it seemed like he was the only good Ranger & always a class act.

I will now capture the moment of our annual accord in a virtual polaroid...stay tuned. :laugh:

Reactions: Bench

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad