Around the NHL: 2019-20 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't know why it's so surprising to me... but Kassian actually nails down the fine line perfectly.

(I want to give him stupid money as a free agent... we all know the coming years are going to be miserable, may as well watch someone who cares)

I enjoyed Kassian's response more than any Sabres game since October...

If we have to endure unwatchable hockey, at least give us the gladiatorial part of it. It's amazing that we watch a team that is not only devoid of skill, speed and character, but of physical play as well. Yep.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If we have to endure unwatchable hockey, at least give us the gladiatorial part of it. It's amazing that we watch a team that is not only devoid of skill, speed and character, but of physical play as well. Yep.
Abdulah the Butcher is actually Canadian so it's a safe bet he can skate. We can sign him and instead of holding a stick when he hops over the bench he'll carry a very sharp fork and commit horrific acts of violence.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think that's a perfect deal for both sides. Not stupid in terms of money or term.......but not a huge hometown discount either. I'm not sure he gets $10M AAV in the open market, but certainly in the high 9s and probably at more term.

This was an interesting factoid on the new deal:

What Nicklas Backstrom's new contract means for Braden...

Interestingly, Backstrom’s new AAV accounts for the same percentage of the cap – 11.3 percent – as his previous contract did when it was signed in 2010, according to CapFriendly.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I really don’t know if I have a big enough tub of popcorn to watch Bruins fans gesticulating after what happened to Rask. Suddenly the goaltender is supposed to be sacrosanct and not run into. What happened to the flow of play or all of that bullshit from the Miller incident? Oh irony…

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
What...? Why?!!

Holy cow. What is LV doing? I would take Gallant over DeBoer any day of the week.

I don’t see this going over too well with LV players. They loved Gallant

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
This has got to be one of the most desirable situations in the league, DeBoer seriously just won the lottery:

upload_2020-1-15_10-53-2.png

Reactions: Chainshot

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
All the best coaches come loose in mid season of course

I don’t mind RK but I take Gallant in a second

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Our coach retention timing is so bad...we miss out on Trotz because we had just hired Housley, now Gallant and Laviolette are sitting out there and we won’t hire either because Ralph is so new in the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad