Around the NHL: 2019-20 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Hockey..we can't beat the Bolts once but their 10 game win streak comes to an end against the almighty Devils. The team we scored 14 goals against in 2 games. :huh:

Reactions: Havok89

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Who will replace Ray Shero as Devils GM? A look at some top...

The Under-40 candidate: If ownership is looking for a young riser in the executive world, Buffalo Sabres assistant GM Steve Greeley fits. At 39, he’s already been connected to GM jobs, including the Carolina Hurricanes. He developed a strong reputation as a talent evaluator as a scout with the Kings and worked his way up the ladder with positions with the Rangers and now the Sabres. After his playing career in the ECHL ended, he was an investment banker, which might be an appealing background to Devils ownership.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

Couldn’t have happened to a better guy. :biglaugh:

This may never be topped as the worst shootout attempt of all time.

It would appear the twitter video of Flyer players saying Marchand's nose got in the way has been deleted. :thumbd:

Last edited:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Bruins give up a 5-2 lead and then that happens

Almost as if good teams have bad games too

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

https://www.tsn.ca/washington-capitals-extend-c-nicklas-backstrom-on-five-year-deal-1.1427099
The Washington Capitals signed centre
to a five-year, $46 million contract extension on Thursday.
The deal will carry an average annual value of $9.2 million for Backstrom, who will turn 33 later this year. As TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun notes, Backstrom negotiated the deal by himself, acting without an agent.

The Caps are going to regret this one. Not a bad job by Backstrom representing himself.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

https://www.tsn.ca/washington-capitals-extend-c-nicklas-backstrom-on-five-year-deal-1.1427099
The Washington Capitals signed centre
to a five-year, $46 million contract extension on Thursday.
The deal will carry an average annual value of $9.2 million for Backstrom, who will turn 33 later this year. As TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun notes, Backstrom negotiated the deal by himself, acting without an agent.

The Caps are going to regret this one. Not a bad job by Backstrom representing himself.

Good on Washington locking up talent mid-season, even better job of Backstrom of getting the cash.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I am almost certain he could have gotten more

Maybe, but that's a nice raise from what he received before.

Will be interesting to see what Ovie's deal will look like in a couple years. I could see Nick shave a couple million off what he could've gotten to help Alex out.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I want a lot more of this in Buffalo.....

upload_2020-1-14_14-3-38.png

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Good on Washington locking up talent mid-season, even better job of Backstrom of getting the cash.

I think that's a perfect deal for both sides. Not stupid in terms of money or term.......but not a huge hometown discount either. I'm not sure he gets $10M AAV in the open market, but certainly in the high 9s and probably at more term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad