Around the NHL: 2019-20 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Can't tell if you mean this as a joke or not but I've been having that thought for a couple weeks, firing botts, keeping kruger, letting kruger have the final say on player personnel decisions and finding a GM to execute those decisions. Would be unconventional for the NHL but not other leagues as you say. Didn't the bills hire McDermott before Beane? Browns just hired their coach and don't have a GM in place yet.
BTW I'm not totally pessimistic about Botterill. I think Krueger will be more involved in personnel decisions next season and push Botterill to get the pieces he wants. I think Krueger came on board too late to be a factor this season. Now that he's been around the league he should have a good idea about the players.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
If I had to bet money I would say Stevie Y will be hiring his ex linemate Gallant to come back to Detroit and take over the Wings bench next season.

He could also keep the paychecks from Vegas and get the Seattle job.

And at that roster graphic shown, holy cow they give out ntc like candy!

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

As a team they have over 160 more offensive zone faceoffs than defensive zone. As a result almost every skater on their team has a positive Ozone start %. No one tilts the ice like they do, it's incredible.

I think they follow in the path of a previous team that made a coaching change influenced by poor luck and goaltending and go on to win the cup.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Ironic that you mention Bruce, until very recently my personal opinion of the top tier of coaches in the league was:
  • Trotz
  • Boudreau
  • Laviolette
  • Gallant
  • Babcock
Keefe has since replaced Babs in this list though.

Amazing that three of these guys are now available.
Yeah I think this goes to show how difficult evaluating coaches is, or at least how methods of evaluation can be so different

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As a team they have over 160 more offensive zone faceoffs than defensive zone. As a result almost every skater on their team has a positive Ozone start %. No one tilts the ice like they do, it's incredible.

I think they follow in the path of a previous team that made a coaching change influenced by poor luck and goaltending and go on to win the cup.

Gallant got such buy-in there. Does anyone watch Vegas and see that slipping? I certainly don't -- my son's fav western team and we look in on them regularly.

If they solve their goaltending, I expect a major bounce.

Reactions: Fezzy126

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Saw someone on say they wonder if teams are reading too far into multiple cups being won after coaching replacements.

If that has been the thought-process for some of these teams, that would be the dumbest thought process

Reactions: brian_griffin

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I love this time of year where there are some good names being shopped and teams are "open for business" and after 4 weeks of hype there are at most 8 mediocre deals and 1 decent deal.

I always wonder how teams mend the relationships with the players after this.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I love this time of year where there are some good names being shopped and teams are "open for business" and after 4 weeks of hype there are at most 8 mediocre deals and 1 decent deal.

I always wonder how teams mend the relationships with the players after this.
It's just part of the business. I'm sure there are very few hard feelings.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Good evening Mr Perron,

Your DOPS in person meeting is scheduled for 9am tomorrow morning. Please arrive 15 minutes early and bring your parking slip for validation.

DoPeS

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
SPONSORED BY PEPSI

Nah, the Sabres own the rights to those kind of jerseys, I believe.

ddd2cdcce267a17716628c8566d5d34a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->