NHL Around the NHL 2018 - 2019 X - Hockey Hall of Famer Red Kelly passes away at age 91

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I see more of Toronto than I would like living where I do. For, after his injury in November of that year, he wasn't the same player to these eyes. Not claiming it was the only factor, but I have no doubt it was a factor. He's had back injuries going back to before he was drafted. A bad back playing hockey impacts your entire game, especially that first couple strides. But it's also an injury you can manage and play through. He never had that jump in his step after he went down Nov. 2017 form the multitude of Leaf games I unfortunately witnessed. Just my opinion based on what I saw. What was more telling for me in last year's series was how often I didn't notice him out there at all, which was more telling for me than his lack of points.

So, he has a chronic bad back? It didn’t seem to affect him in the weeks leading up to the playoffs. I have a feeling that his back was next to no factor and Matthews just caught a case of “Bergy-itis”.

Hopefully, he has a relapse for the next couple of weeks.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So, he has a chronic bad back? It didn’t seem to affect him in the weeks leading up to the playoffs. I have a feeling that his back was next to no factor and Matthews just caught a case of “Bergy-itis”.

Hopefully, he has a relapse for the next couple of weeks.
a couple of good, legal hits on his shoulder that he has also struggled with wouldn`t upset me one bit either:naughty:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Vigneault did pretty well in Vancouver and New York.

If something happened to Bruce, you could do a lot worse than him. I mean, no coach in the world was going to turn the Canucks into a tough team.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
For the first time in over 13 years a winger cracked the top 3 for the Selke. Criminal Hossa couldn't even do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad