NHL Around the NHL 2018 - 2019 X - Hockey Hall of Famer Red Kelly passes away at age 91

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Alex Debrincat, whom Boston passed up on in favor of Trent Frederic, has 40 goals this season. He would have been a great fit as a second-line RW.

Reactions: bbfan419

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
DeBrincat was small and had large questions about whether he could both score at the NHL level and play without the puck. He has at least put to bed one of those questions.

Good for him.

Chicago took a risk and it paid off. That's the draft in a nutshell. We took McAvoy and hes already nearing vet level in NHL games played while Fabbro is just starting to play.

I wonder how many teams are beating up their scouting staff on HFBoards weekly over not drafting Pastrnak.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
So the zipperheads on NHL Network Radio this morning were just amazed that Tortorella raised such a stink about the Shaw hit on McQuaid.

"It wasn't a dirty play"
"It was a high hit but nothing intentional"
"Tortorella just used that hit to raise the intensity without yelling at his team"

They went on an on about how Shaw was just trying to stay onside and how it wasn't suspendable. :shakehead

The clowns on the NHL morning show on Sirius XM are just flat out awful. I can only take a few minutes at a time of them

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Alex Debrincat, whom Boston passed up on in favor of Trent Frederic, has 40 goals this season. He would have been a great fit as a second-line RW.

There have been countless undersized junior scorers who have come and gone without making an impact at the NHL level.

Alex Debrincat fit the mold of so many of the aforementioned.

Obviously he has proven so far that he is not of the same ilk, but like @AngryMilkcrates said, Chicago took a risk and it paid off.

We can talk about some pretty bad misses that were obvious the second the players were picked, but Frederic over Debrincat isn't one of them.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He certainly would have.

That said, another 10 teams passed on Debrincat AFTER Boston passed on him. I bet there are one or two fans from other teams that do the same with Pasta, or Bergeron, or Marchand. Or question how the hell we have them tied up for under $20M.

It's just the nature of the business.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So the zipperheads on NHL Network Radio this morning were just amazed that Tortorella raised such a stink about the Shaw hit on McQuaid.

"It wasn't a dirty play"
"Tortorella just used that hit to raise the intensity without yelling at his team"

They went on an on about how Shaw was just trying to stay onside and how it wasn't suspendable. :shakehead

The clowns on the NHL morning show on Sirius XM are just flat out awful. I can only take a few minutes at a time of them

Last time I knew the fastest way to get from point A to point B was a straight line, and Shaw most diffidently didn't take a straight line.As he was already in the Jackets zone and was trying to get back onsides.

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

:madfire::madfire::madfire:

Despicable.

But not unexpected. Sadly.

The NHL has been maddening with their consistent inconsistency. They've become a joke. Its more than clear Shaw wasn't only trying to clear the zone as he was skating in a lateral movement towards McQuaid and trying to interfere with him by setting a blind-side pick.

He's hands flew up towards an unsuspecting player and hit him in the head! I mean what the fuuuuk?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This is bullspit. I hope Quaider kills the SOB the next time Columbus plays Montreal :rant:

Whats sad too me, is why didn't one of Foligno or Anderson put a pounding on Shaw. You know McQuaid would of if it was one of them who had taken a cheap-shot.

The Jackets were up 5-2 with over 15 minutes left in the third with the game well in hand, so some one could of called him out.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Whats sad too me, is why didn't one of Foligno or Anderson put a pounding on Shaw. You know McQuaid would of if it was one of them who had taken a cheap-shot.

The Jackets were up 5-2 with over 15 minutes left in the third with the game well in hand, so some one could of called him out.
Yeah, Quaider has always been the first to step up for his teammates.

If Quaider had still been on the Rangers I bet Lias Andersson would have been the recipient of a little chat the other night. And if he had still been on the Bruins, RIP Andersson.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Last time I knew the fast way to get from point A to point B was a straight line, and Shaw most diffidently didn't take a straight line.As he was already in the Jackets zone and was trying to get back onsides.

I honestly was up in the air on the hit, but this is a very basic point I did not consider. He needed to tag up so why was he cutting laterally across the blue line? Makes no sense.

I’m not sure he truly meant to elbow him in the head, but he certainly meant to put a lick on him away from the puck. And for that, he should face consequences for what transpired.

No hearing at all is horse shit and I say that classifying myself as a DOPS “apologist” if such a thing exists.

Reactions: TCB

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Just got through reading a big article in a recent issue of The Hockey News regarding DOPS. Parros goes to great lengths to show how consistent and effective DOPS is. It's a flipping joke. They see themselves as being very fair and consistent.

Reactions: BMC

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

"It wasn't a dirty play"

If it were a Bruins player made that hit it would be all over Canadian media how dirty it was and should be suspended, but because it was a scabs player and one in Shaw who has a history it is ok. Can't stand these media pukes.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
There have been countless undersized junior scorers who have come and gone without making an impact at the NHL level.

Alex Debrincat fit the mold of so many of the aforementioned.

Obviously he has proven so far that he is not of the same ilk, but like @AngryMilkcrates said, Chicago took a risk and it paid off.

We can talk about some pretty bad misses that were obvious the second the players were picked, but Frederic over Debrincat isn't one of them.
I wanted DeBrincat over Frederic who to me I don't see what the Bruins saw in him and still don't. Also wanted Connor and Chabot in 2015.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->