Around the NHL: 2018-2019 (Part 3) Regular Season Opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
The league might have screwed themselves by letting a bunch of his questionable hits go with warnings. His incidents to games missed ratio is way lower than virtually anybody with his number of run ins, and the league as a whole has dialed back repeat offender punishment after throwing the book at Kaleta.

On body of work, Wilson absolutely deserves this (if not more). He has proven himself completely incapable of playing without delivering illegal, injurious plays. Unfortunately, he might be able to get it reduced due to the lack of sequential punishment. Depending on your valuation of postseason games (IIRC it's a 2-1 figure), his longest suspension is between 6 and 9 contests (nice).

Reactions: dotcommunism

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Wonder if it was just Bettman & Wilson or others in the room going over ways to mitigate that type of (idiotic) play.

edit: in regards to struck's post, I would normally expect Bettman to uphold the suspension and the arbitrator to lower it by 3-6 games since that's been the general trend. Though the length of the meeting makes me wonder.

It's too bad the team gms rebelled against Shanahan when he was in charge of suspensions and was laying down the hammer on stupid.

Reactions: sabrebuild

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20181018_195722.jpg

I'm Hardcore!!!!!!!

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Isn't he a comedian now? one of the more bizarre career changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad