debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Duchene seemed to be singing a different tune about wanting to test free agency as Tavares did. He didn't directly say that but he alluded to it.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
This is my thought as well, and most likely why the package isn't that great, on top of being only for 1 year. San Jose offered them low costing prospects, draft picks, probably because they don't plan on having him past this year. Why take the chance of giving up one of your best prospects if you know that player would rather play (most likely) in the Eastern Conference as soon as he can. San Jose is taking this year for their shot at the cup.

I'm expecting Karlsson to be in the Eastern Conference as soon as he can choose to be.
This is my thought as well, and most likely why the package isn't that great, on top of being only for 1 year. San Jose offered them low costing prospects, draft picks, probably because they don't plan on having him past this year. Why take the chance of giving up one of your best prospects if you know that player would rather play (most likely) in the Eastern Conference as soon as he can. San Jose is taking this year for their shot at the cup.

I'm expecting Karlsson to be in the Eastern Conference as soon as he can choose to be.
yeah I still don't see SJ winning it this year. maybe they make it to the Conference finals this time.
seems like a desperate move to give their group one more chance before its over.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Sens have 4000 season tickets sold. Man, if they had their 1st they could at least try to sell the idea of Jack Hughes but what a rough year they are in for. I hope the fans don't dump on Tkachuk, kid is not the saviour and might not be even ready to play full-time yet.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Sens have 4000 season tickets sold. Man, if they had their 1st they could at least try to sell the idea of Jack Hughes but what a rough year they are in for. I hope the fans don't dump on Tkachuk, kid is not the saviour and might not be even ready to play full-time yet.
They’re about to start a historically awful season and they don’t even own their own first? Damn...that’s rough. Bad news for the Sens fans.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not so good for or 1st round pick from SJ
Very good for COL, the must be licking their fingers, making the playoffs
and having the best chance for the 1st pick next draft
Must be the only first round pick that was traded last year that wasn't lottery protected
It's not that bad because it essentially means they are making the playoffs this year and we get the pick for the loaded 2019 draft. Even a late pick this year is going to be very good, which is why I pray the Blues don't end up in the lottery.

Jamie Walker

May 2, 2004
Hamilton, Ont.
It's not that bad because it essentially means they are making the playoffs this year and we get the pick for the loaded 2019 draft. Even a late pick this year is going to be very good, which is why I pray the Blues don't end up in the lottery.

so sj traded their 2020 1st round pick. does that mean that 2019 is ours, even if they implode like the rangers always did when stacking their team?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
so sj traded their 2020 1st round pick. does that mean that 2019 is ours, even if they implode like the rangers always did when stacking their team?
From what I understand if it ends up being a lottery pick it goes to Ottawa and we get their 2020. If they make the playoffs we get the 2019 and the Sens get their 2020.

Reactions: Jamie Walker

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Not so good for or 1st round pick from SJ
Very good for COL, the must be licking their fingers, making the playoffs
and having the best chance for the 1st pick next draft
Must be the only first round pick that was traded last year that wasn't lottery protected

Their pick was protected. They decided to use it this year instead of giving it to Colorado.

Reactions: debaser66

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
You know, conspiracy theories always get poo pooed. But what if Melnyk convinced Bettman to make it so Ottawa will NOT win the lottery next year?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
You know, conspiracy theories always get poo pooed. But what if Melnyk convinced Bettman to make it so Ottawa will NOT win the lottery next year?
It's just a ploy to move the team to Quebec. Owners love that transfer money.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I feel like both LeBron and Ronaldo are big enough that even people who don't follow sports noticed.

Aware of who they are. I know who they went to. Read no articles on either move. Not a fan of either sport. I'm sure there are plenty of folks like that, especially in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->